Author Topic: Gate #s  (Read 4536 times)

matthewpow

Gate #s
« on: September 22, 2015, 04:02:09 am »
Hello all. In FSX, I have LAX and when I choose the gates, it has 50, 52, 53, etc. It doesn't have any 50A or 50B and there usually are some gates with A and there are some with B. It looks like I'm choosing a default airports gates but when it loads, it looks like it should.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gate #s
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:11:46 am »
Both the FSDT and the default AFCAD files for KLAX have parkings with A and B so, if you don't see them in FSX, the most likely explanation is that you have another scenery (non default) in conflict.

The most common cause of conflicts, are scenery files supplied with AI Traffic packages, like MyTraffic, Traffic X, etc. Those scenery should be used only if you have the default airport installed, but must be removed if you have an add-on airport.

You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner utility, available here:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

To find for duplicates on an airport. You should only have the default one, and the one that comes with FSDT KLAX. Any extra must be removed.

Also, be sure the KLAX airport is on top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer place it by default. If you move it manually, you increase the chance of potential conflict so, as a general rule, the add-on airports should always be on the highest layers.

matthewpow

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:33:01 pm »
Good afternoon. I have just tried the FSX Airport Scanner and I unchecked all the boxes and it only found SFO and MYXY. I do have WOAI traffic so I can see traffic on Vatsim. I've tried reinstalling it but it still is like that.

matthewpow

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:34:47 pm »
Here is a picture of what it looks like...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 12:04:28 am »
Your picture only shows the first number parkings. Parkings with names that starts with A or B, will appear AFTER all the numbered ones. That's how FSX always worked.

That's why you can should use the GSX menu, especially at FSDT airports, to position the airplane using the "Just Warp Me there" option. With GSX, you can see all parkings sorted in a much better way, with realistic names too.

matthewpow

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 01:55:12 am »
Alright well, thanks. I'll remember to do that next time.