Author Topic: Follow me car problems since last update  (Read 7131 times)

bobsk8

Follow me car problems since last update
« on: September 21, 2015, 06:05:24 pm »
Since the last update, about 40% of my flights, the follow me car seems to get lost, and most times just eventually disappears.When I look at the airport map, and taxi to  the ATC assigned ramp, the GSX ground crew is there. This is happening at major Airports like KATL, KORD, to name two.  This never happened before the update abut 2 weeks ago. Should I uninstall and reinstall GSX?  Everything else works OK.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow me car problems since last update
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 09:06:58 pm »
The Follow Me doesn't get lost or disappear, you already made this question, and I already replied here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12490.msg94824.html#msg94824

If you think this is not what has happened, then clearly indicate a reproducible case, indicating ALL the following informations:

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly identify the scenery. It's best if you could supply a reproducible case on a default airport or an FSDT airport.

- The AFCAD file used by the scenery. I already indicated in the other thread how you check this.

- Your approximate position when you called the Follow Me

- The destination gate you selected

Driver170

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 09:50:52 pm »
I've been having this problem since the update! The car goes straight through my plane and keeps on going into the sun set lol it actually starts driving down the runway.

bobsk8

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 09:56:10 pm »
Two people just posted on Facebook they are having the same problem. This was at KATL this morning, ILS 26L,  don't remember the rest of the details but will write them down next time, because it will happen again. As I stated, the GSX ground crew was at the parking spot ATC assigned so they knew where the location was, it was just the follow me car that could not find it. Prior to the update 2 weeks ago, I never had the same problem. Same scenery, default P3D , with UTX USA, and Europe, which I have had since day one on P3D. As I stated before, the AFCAD used by GSX is My Traffic 6, which it seems to prefer . I do not have any add on airports. I will document all the details the next time it happens and post them here.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:57:36 pm by virtuali »

bobsk8

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 09:56:51 pm »
I've been having this problem since the update! The car goes straight through my plane and keeps on going into the sun set lol it actually starts driving down the runway.

I have also had that happen twice, where the car goes down the runway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 09:57:20 pm »
I've been having this problem since the update!

As I've already replied in the other thread I linked, this is NOT a problem, it's a new *feature* of the update.

If the Follow Me car goes around your plane, it's because you drove too close too it and/or in a way it was considered too dangerous, so it has escaped and went around your plane, if there is no other way.

As I've said in the above post, f you think this is not what has happened, then clearly indicate a reproducible case, indicating ALL the following informations:

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly identify the scenery. It's best if you could supply a reproducible case on a default airport or an FSDT airport.

- The AFCAD file used by the scenery. I already indicated in the other thread how you check this.

- Your approximate position when you called the Follow Me

- The destination gate you selected
Posted on: Today at 05:05:24 PM Posted by: bobsk8

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 10:01:04 pm »
Two people just posted on Facebook they are having the same problem.

Our Facebook page, as clearly indicated on it, it's NOT the place to obtain support. But I cannot find anything on our Facebook page about this issue. Are you looking at an unofficial FSDT page maybe ? THAT'S why is wrong to use Facebook to get support: we cannot possibly check every fan page on there, and this is the one and only place where one should post asking support questions.

This was at KATL this morning, ILS 26L,  don't remember the rest of the details but will write them down next time, because it will happen again.

Please post again when you have precise information.

As I stated before, the AFCAD used by GSX is My Traffic 6, which it seems to prefer.

It's not that GSX "prefers" the MyTraffic AFCAD. GSX COMPLIES with the FSX layering so, it will use the AFCAD file which is of the highest priority. That doesn't mean that AFCAD is preferred by GSX or it's the best possible or it doesn't have errors.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:10:51 pm by virtuali »

bobsk8

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 11:24:03 pm »
First there are several groups on Facebook where flight sim topics are discussed 24/7 . People relate their experiences on these groups. This topic has come up several times. Not looking for support on Facebook, I am looking for it here.

Just after I posted about 1 1/2 hours ago I took a flight in the A320 on P3D from KGRR to KDTW  The landing runway was 03L at KDTW I exited the runway at Taxiway F making a left turn onto the Taxiway. My assigned parking spot by ATC was B-96  . I called for the follow me car. It showed up in a few minutes  I followed the car up Taxiway F, and it first it would travel abut 50 feet and stop, then another 50 feet, and stopped again, did this 4 or 5 times then it went to normal speed  to the intersection of F and  V2, and then continued on taxiway F  to H .  At H the follow me car did a pirouette, first going one way and then the other. I just sat there and tried to follow which direction it was going to finally  decide on.  Finally , it headed on H towards B86 which was off to my right, and quickly disappeared...   I could see on the moving map that Pro ATC provides that the parking spot was just a ways down H, so I taxied there, saw the GSX ground crew, and parked and deboarded. There was no follow me vehicle anywhere in site.  

Now this has happened to me at least a half dozen times in the last dozen flights.  

Stock scenery P3D, No ad on airports, UTX USA only, Pto ATC always knows exactly where I am using the same scenery, and AFCAD  and Airac data . The AFCAD data that GSX is using, as I stated on another thread, is #10 in my scenery list in P3D, under all the Ultimate terrain Sceneries.

If you want more reports, I will keep posting them as they occur.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:26:13 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 08:32:12 am »
First there are several groups on Facebook where flight sim topics are discussed 24/7 . People relate their experiences on these groups. This topic has come up several times. Not looking for support on Facebook, I am looking for it here.

That's exactly what I said: THEY, as GSX users, should come here for support first, otherwise we would never know of problems.

At H the follow me car did a pirouette, first going one way and then the other. I just sat there and tried to follow which direction it was going to finally  decide on.  Finally , it headed on H towards B86 which was off to my right, and quickly disappeared...

That seems like a bug in the ACAD, but it must be checked before confirming it.

Stock scenery P3D, No ad on airports, UTX USA only, Pto ATC always knows exactly where I am using the same scenery, and AFCAD  and Airac data . The AFCAD data that GSX is using, as I stated on another thread, is #10 in my scenery list in P3D, under all the Ultimate terrain Sceneries.

This is not totally clear but, from your previous message, I assume you used the MyTraffic AFCAD. Please send it to me that file by email or PM, so I could check it.

bobsk8

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 09:57:16 am »
I think you are having some difficulty understanding what I am saying. I will state it it again. I belong to several groups and forums regarding flight simming and P3D and Virtual Airlines. Different topics are discussed all the time about  aircraft, add ons, etc, and one of the things that people will discuss is if they encounter some problem with a particular product or function in a flight sim. This is where the topic of the follow me car was mentioned, when someone inquired if any one else had problems with the follow me car getting lost or driving erratically. When that question was asked, two other people mentioned that they had a similar problem. Nobody was looking for support  help at that point, they just wanted to see if others had a similar experience.  I hope that is clear now.

You asked me to go into the customize airport or whatever it is called to see what Afcads that GSX is using. This is the third time I am trying to tell you that it is using My Traffic 6 afcads. My traffic 6 is part of the AI program I use. In my scenery listing in P3D, the My Traffic scenery is the 10th or 11th scenery in the list off all the sceneries I have which consist of UTX USA and Europe, and the rest are all default except the My Traffic which I guess the AI uses. Why GSX picked the My traffic scenery to use, rather than one of the others, I have no idea. All I know is that prior to the update 2 weeks ago, I did not have this problem. Prior to the update 2 weeks ago the follow me car never got lost , never ran around in circles, and never just disappeared. Now it does.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:58:49 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 11:09:01 am »
I think you are having some difficulty understanding what I am saying

I understood exactly what I said.

Nobody was looking for support  help at that point, they just wanted to see if others had a similar experience.

Well, they should have. That's was my point, very simple. It's no use discussing on problems in other places, and don't report them here. Doing this, won't have any effect to the chance of them being fixed.

You asked me to go into the customize airport or whatever it is called to see what Afcads that GSX is using. This is the third time I am trying to tell you that it is using My Traffic 6 afcads

It wasn't entirely clear from you LAST message, when you finally included a precise report, for the fist time. I also said I *assumed* you are STILL using the MyTraffic AFCAD, even in this specific airport, during that specific session.

Why GSX picked the My traffic scenery to use, rather than one of the others, I have no idea

Now it's YOU that have some difficulty understanding what I am saying, so I'll repeat it again: GSX COMPLIES with the layering ordering in the Scenery Library, and will take the AFCAD for that airport which is higher than in the list.

Which means: if GSX has taken the MyTraffic AFCAD for that airport, it means you don't have other AFCADs for the SAME airport, on a higher layer in the Scenery Library. And this is ENTIRELY NORMAL and CORRECT. Unless, you are saying you KNOW you have another (better) AFCAD on an higher layer, and are wondering why GSX hasn't picked up that one instead.

Again, I assuming my replies based on your reports. You said you have just UTX and everything else is default. UTX doesn't contain any AFCADs (at least as far as I know) so, there's no reason to think GSX shouldn't have picked the MyTraffic AFCADs, since they are (usually) installed on an HIGHER layer compared to the default ones.

But as I've said, fact that GSX has picked the AFCAD it SHOULD have picked, doesn't automatically guaranteed this AFCAD is fine. But as I also said in my previous reply, before saying the AFCAD has a bug, it must be checked.

All I know is that prior to the update 2 weeks ago, I did not have this problem. Prior to the update 2 weeks ago the follow me car never got lost , never ran around in circles, and never just disappeared. Now it does.

But you still haven't done what I asked to do in my previous message. Since I said that before saying the AFCAD has a bug, it must be checked, I asked to send me the AFCAD that was active for the session related to your previous report, so we can REPLICATE your actions, and verify if the problem is the AFCAD, or it's a problem in the Follow Me code that has issue to conform to something that is formally correct in the AFCAD, but possibly unusual (like too many nodes very close to each other, for example)

So, again, as I've said in my previous message, I awaiting for the file, either by email or PM.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:14:49 am by virtuali »

bobsk8

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 01:59:11 pm »

But you still haven't done what I asked to do in my previous message. Since I said that before saying the AFCAD has a bug, it must be checked, I asked to send me the AFCAD that was active for the session related to your previous report, so we can REPLICATE your actions, and verify if the problem is the AFCAD, or it's a problem in the Follow Me code that has issue to conform to something that is formally correct in the AFCAD, but possibly unusual (like too many nodes very close to each other, for example)

So, again, as I've said in my previous message, I awaiting for the file, either by email or PM.

OK, I see what you are saying and I will send that Afcad to you. I looked in the UTX USA airport scenery folder and there are a couple of dozen airport.bgls, but not any I have flown into. I am sending you the two bgls that are in My Traffic scenery folder  marked KATL  .
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:10:45 pm by bobsk8 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 02:33:33 pm »
I am sending you the two bgls that are in My Traffic scenery folder  marked KATL

Your report was about  KDTW:

The landing runway was 03L at KDTW I exited the runway at Taxiway F making a left turn onto the Taxiway. My assigned parking spot by ATC was B-96  . I called for the follow me car

Since it was there you called the Follow Me, you must send the AFCAD for KTDW, not KATL.

bobsk8

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »
Just sent it. I also had problems at KATL, but didn't wrote them down.