Author Topic: GSX unable to display menu at freeware EETN  (Read 2375 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
GSX unable to display menu at freeware EETN
« on: September 18, 2015, 02:54:05 pm »
Hi Umberto,

This is a new problem for me. I have installed a freeware Tallinn (EETN) from AvSim Library. It also includes an AFCAD file. Because I also have MyTraffic Pro I've removed the EETN AFCAD in the MyTraffic folder as I want GSX to use the one supplied with the scenery.

But when I press the button to display the GSX menu all I get is an error message (in a green banner at the top of the screen) stating:-

System error whilst accessing file "C;\MyTrafficProfessional\MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_EETN.bgl. CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified.

I thought when you launched FSX GSX automatically updated its database of airports. But instead of using the AFCAD supplied in the freeware EETN it's still trying to read a moved file. Why?

I'm attaching the freeware EETN AFCAD for reference.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX unable to display menu at freeware EETN
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 06:40:53 pm »
I thought when you launched FSX GSX automatically updated its database of airports. But instead of using the AFCAD supplied in the freeware EETN it's still trying to read a moved file. Why?

Yes, changing or adding/removing a new scenery should have triggered a cache regeneration on the next FSX restart. You can force it by removing the following folders (when FSX is NOT running):

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: GSX unable to display menu at freeware EETN
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 06:45:09 pm »
Thanks Umberto. I shall try that - probably tomorrow now.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.