Author Topic: YMMl Pushback doesn't go any where near the node.  (Read 5696 times)

Goofie31

YMMl Pushback doesn't go any where near the node.
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:25:49 pm »
Good Evening,

I have partially fixed my pushback at YMML.

However when I pushback from gate B21 instead of turning onto taxiway T, the pushback continues on taxiway R.

I have snapped the co-ordinates of the node on taxiway T in to the appropriate boxes. See attached pic, and I have not altered the AFCAD.

If you could help it would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Damian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: YMMl Pushback doesn't go any where near the node.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 03:38:21 pm »
Have you installed the latest update, which included fixes for the Pushback at YMML that has been reported here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12421.0.html

Goofie31

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:45:17 pm »
Hi,

Yes I installed the update, and restarted coutal.

Then tested the push back a couple of times. from Gate B21. But GSX doesn't turn onto taxiway T is just continues straight ahead on taxiway R.

Cheers,

Damian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 04:20:02 pm »
Then tested the push back a couple of times. from Gate B21. But GSX doesn't turn onto taxiway T is just continues straight ahead on taxiway R.

Are still using the custom pushback coordinates you had in your screenshot ? If yes, no wonder it doesn't work, since they are surely wrong. The latitude is surely wrong, because it's positive, so you place it in the northern hemisphere, and even if it was negative, the point is about 24 miles from the airport.

Goofie31

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 01:35:40 am »
Hi,

Yes I am,

Ah ok, is there a way to get the exact coordinates? As the coordinates I used I copy and pasted from AFX.

Cheers

Damian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 11:24:59 pm »
Ah ok, is there a way to get the exact coordinates? As the coordinates I used I copy and pasted from AFX.

Well, it depends what you copied from...AFX will indicate coordinates for the Southern hemisphere starting with an S, but GSX wants a minus sign, so you simply must be a bit careful here.

However, even adding the minus sign, the coordinates were still well outside from the airport, about 24 miles out.

Note that, you cannot custom-pushback whenever you like. The coordinates must be those of an existing node, so GSX will take the closest on it finds to that coordinates. This means, the best way to do it, is to double click on a node, and copy coordinates from there.

Goofie31

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 06:13:50 am »
Hi Umberto,

I have looked at the lat and long in AFX, and the pic below shows the airport reference which is incorrect, by 26 minutes.

Is it advisable to change the airport reference to the correct lat and long? as found on the Melbourne Airport website.

Or log a support call with ORBX?

Kind Regards

Damian Doyle
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 06:53:17 am by Goofie31 »

Goofie31

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 09:20:45 am »
Hi Umberto,

I have found out one problem. MY AFX lat and Long was set to show in decimals not in minutes. I have changed that in AFX now, and copy and pasted the LAt and Long into GSX in Fsx.

I am testing it and seeing if it works.

Oh does node 1 or node 2 need to be in the top lat and long columns?

And do I need two nodes to push back in one direction?

Attachments below are the new lat and long from both nodes.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

Damian Doyle

Goofie31

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 01:17:04 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have just finished testing the pushback again from gates B21 and B23, and the result is still the same. Could I delete some of the nodes in the AFCAD? so that it snaps to the correct node?

Which will also make the AFCAD more simple. (As I saw in a post by you that simpler AFCAD's work better.)

Kind Regards

Damian Doyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 01:37:30 pm »
I have just finished testing the pushback again from gates B21 and B23, and the result is still the same. Could I delete some of the nodes in the AFCAD? so that it snaps to the correct node?

Are you still trying to use a custom pushback ? If yes, it's not possible to help you without knowing what coordinates you have inserted now (the ones you inserted earlier were surely wrong) and, more importantly, which is your goal for what you consider a good pushback.

Goofie31

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 12:26:39 pm »
Hi,

See my attached config file.

I am testing pushback from Gate B 21 and B23.

my goal is to be able to pushback from any gate at Pier b or C and end up at the correct tow bar disconnect point.

I did try to use QFA's config file, however still no luck.

Kind Regards

Damian

Goofie31

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 03:12:19 pm »
Hi Umberto,

QFA gave me his latest config file, and I now reach the correct towbar disconnect point.

Thank you for the assistance.

KInd Regards

Damian