Author Topic: GSX Containers (ULD) not visible while loading/unloading  (Read 4264 times)

GieselaF

GSX Containers (ULD) not visible while loading/unloading
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:14:23 am »
Hi!

After installing and configuring GSX for my FSX, everything worked fine, but during loading/unloading cargo process of the PMDG 747-400, the containers are not visible on the screen. Baggage cars and Cargoloaders are moving correctly, even without visibility of the containers.
Using baggage belt for my iFly 737ng works fine, but for bigger aircraft ( tried on several heavy aircraft), containers are not visible. I also tried different ULD types without better results. There is also no black rectangle, which could give an evidence for missing textures, just the cargo vehicles are empty.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Peter
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:16:49 am by GieselaF »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Containers (ULD) not visible while loading/unloading
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 10:22:43 am »
It's likely you don't have all the latest vehicles liveries installed, because you applied a Live Update without updating the vehicles too, which was indicated in the current Live Update notes.

Either download and install one of the vehicle updates, or the full GSX installer.

GieselaF

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 11:09:53 am »
OK, I'll try that, but do I first need to uninstall my current installation or is it possible to overlay the new installation?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 11:14:48 am »
No need to uninstall.

GieselaF

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 01:44:34 pm »
I just have tried the Full Installer, but still no cargo containers are visible. GSX completely runs fine, except these cargo containers.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 05:04:16 pm »
I just have tried the Full Installer, but still no cargo containers are visible. GSX completely runs fine, except these cargo containers.....

I'm sorry but, I just tried now the PMDG-747, and containers shows just fine, and nobody else has reported this.

Have you customized the airplane ? Try to reset to the default configuration that comes with GSX, using the Reset button in the airplane configuration editor.

GieselaF

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 09:11:21 pm »
This also did not work. Tried a reset, but  again no containers!
I also tried to clear the Cache and Restart, but again the same situation...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:14:29 pm by GieselaF »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »
This also did not work. Tried a reset, but  again no containers! I also tried to clear the Cache and Restart, but again the same situation...

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem, and nobody else reported it. The cache doesn't have anything to do with this: if you had a problem with it, no GSX services will work, not just the containers.

Sometimes, invisible objects might be caused by a problem with video drivers and/or settings. Try all these solutions:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

GieselaF

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 11:01:31 pm »
Good idea, i'll try the next couple of days to rebuild a new Config For FSX. I'll come back to you soon.
Thanks, Peter