Products Support > XPOI FSX/P3D

Xpoi Could'nt connect to server??

<< < (2/2)

Kabli:

Hello again, thanks for your thoughtful reply to my previous post.
And you make a *very* fair point that my experiences are only from the first few days with XPOI.
They were just my first experiences, and you do run a very excellent trial product.

Geonames is unavailable again right now, it seems, but I'll keep trying and experimenting.

With much respect,
Kabli/Dom

Arnoz:
Impossible to connect.

It's a shame, this soft is only very interesting for Wikipédia and Geonames......

Too much problem since the beginning of 2009.

Arnoz

virtuali:
We probably found what was the problem, it has been discussed on the geonames forum as well:

http://forum.geonames.org/gforum/posts/list/1223.page

Apparently, there's a new iPhone application that just came out this week, that has overloaded the servers, making hundreds of calls per *second*, basically resulted in a DDOS...

So, they had to setup a new server with a different name (ws5.geonames.org), but XPOI is of course programmed to work with the standard one (ws.geonames.org), which should be probably up again very shortly.

We can fix it very easily in XPOI to check for the backup servers as well, stay tuned for a small update.

Kabli:
Virtuali>We probably found what was the problem

Hello, and many thanks for this fix - this seems to be doing the trick now!
All this week it wasn't working as above, but this fix seems to have found a way!

As I said earlier, I think XPO is great when it can connect to geonames.

[Edit] Oh one possible new problem - the search function seems to fail now, could it be a small side effect of the new patch?

Dom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version