Author Topic: Customizing aircraft  (Read 2539 times)

geokar

Customizing aircraft
« on: September 10, 2015, 05:29:21 pm »
How can you change an exit from passenger to cargo? I have a FEDEX cargo airbus and the main cargo door is reported as a passenger exit so when I call for ground services GSX sends stairs instead of a cargo lift.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customizing aircraft
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 05:49:00 pm »
To see an ULD cargo loader, you must specify an ULD code for it. If you leave the setting to default "Auto", it will choose the loader only depending on the door's height.

geokar

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:01:07 pm »
Do you have to modify the GSX.config? Plus how can I tell which aircraft I am modifying the config doesn't identify a aircraft model also the manual says something about putting a copy of the config in the aircraft folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 03:37:16 pm »
GSX comes with an easy to use aircraft configuration editor, you don't have to worry about the config file: it will create one and will place it automatically in the right place.

This is of course fully explained in the manual, starting from Page 30.

geokar

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 04:24:11 pm »
I use the customize aircraft module all the time as well as the 3D editor. The main problem I have there doesn't appear to be any way to change a passenger door to a cargo door in the module unless I am missing something. You said to change from auto to the ULD code to see the loader but as far as I can tell you have to do that in the GSX config.