Author Topic: Still Problems ....  (Read 5432 times)

cbarbas

• Aegean Airlines Virtual
Still Problems ....
« on: September 10, 2015, 10:19:51 am »
Hi,

still problems, GSX and addon manager are updated and I am in front off a new problem for me.

After editing or adding a new scenery to FSX, cache regenerates with errors and then the regeneration message appears again and doing all without failure.

Loading FSX again or simple by requesting GSX services, couatl crashes and appears a message to update addon manager.

Trying again everything that is written at forum but the same happens again and again.

OK, if you past this nightmare, then everything works fine but still!

The last I didnt do is to complete remove GSX and reinstall it again but I did that before some days as I have posted by this topic "GSX 1.9.11 Released and out of Beta".

Thanks
Christopher Barbas

cbarbas

Re: Still Problems ....
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:38:27 pm »
OK, if you past this nightmare, then everything works fine but still!

Not quite true,

message to update the addon manager has come again and again ...
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 04:10:20 pm »
Loading FSX again or simple by requesting GSX services, couatl crashes and appears a message to update addon manager.

Please indicate the precise, exact, error of the crash.

cbarbas

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 05:15:08 pm »
Hi,

was something like "the addon unkown causing couatl scripting to crash please update the addon manager, do you want to see the log file", sorry I have delete my screenshot from that.
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 05:50:16 pm »
There's no need for a screenshot, your description is clear enough. What you said, it's entirely different than the cache regeneration problem and, basically, shouldn't happen.

Are you sure you installed the latest GSX, using the latest installer on the site ?

cbarbas

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 05:56:46 pm »
Hi

the last not but I have uninstalled the previous and make a clean install with this "GSX 1.9.11" as I reported at topic (GSX 1.9.11 Released and out of Beta), my problems etc.

After that I have updated within FSX as usual but I think I am on the way for a clean install again!

Thanks
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 06:03:16 pm »
You don't say WHEN you installed the 1.9.11 full installer, because as indicated in the release notes, it's not enough to just do a Live Update to update to 1.9.12, but you must also download and install the vehicle installers, otherwise you'll have errors (although you shouldn't see a crash).

But downloading and installing the current full installer, which is 1.9.12 now, should be enough. No need to uninstall first.

cbarbas

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 06:43:29 pm »
Hi,

1.9.11 full installer - 13 Aug
Vehicle installers - Didn't done because it says "July 2015" at the website

I have also forgot to mention that I have update the addon manager manually after the crash message 1st appeared.

I'll do install the latest now and hope all goes well.

Thanks
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »
1.9.11 full installer - 13 Aug
Vehicle installers - Didn't done because it says "July 2015" at the website

The July 2015 date only means that installer will contain objects released after that date, until TODAY.

Which means, if your GSX Full installer was dated August 13th, you should have downloaded the vehicle installer anyway, otherwise you would miss all vehicles added after that date.

The Live Update notes said you had to download one of the vehicle updates, since the date of the Live update notification is September 10th, it wouldn't be possible to have such new objects in an installer from August.

But again, you shouldn't have a crash in Couatl.exe, just an normal error message about missing objects so, this probably not relevant, and you are having an entirely different problem.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:55:16 pm by virtuali »

cbarbas

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 08:41:50 pm »
OK,

have update in a row, 1st addon manager, 2nd latest GSX installer, 3rd latest vehicle installer(dont know if that was right to do but anyway).

Tested at 2 airports that I was sure there is not AFCAD error everything went OK, tested at an airport that I have found some errors with ADE, GSX crashed and requested to update addon manager.

I have to test with a scenery change to see what will happen.

Thanks
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 09:10:06 pm »
have update in a row, 1st addon manager, 2nd latest GSX installer, 3rd latest vehicle installer(dont know if that was right to do but anyway).

Never was no need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager or the vehicle updater because, as I've said, the full GSX installer is always updated with *EVERYTHING* so, if you just downloaded it now, there was no need to do anything else.

However, it won't do any harm if you did it.

Tested at 2 airports that I was sure there is not AFCAD error everything went OK, tested at an airport that I have found some errors with ADE, GSX crashed and requested to update addon manager.

Then this is ANOTHER, totally unrelated, crash, that doesn't have anything to do with the all the previous ones. This was surely an error (NOT a crash), that didn't just said to update the Addon Manager. It ALSO said to check your Couatl.ERR for details about the error.

Since you know the AFCAD has errors with ADE, it's just normal it would cause an error in GSX, but if you post your Couatl.ERR file, we might understand what was really the cause for it.

cbarbas

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 10:53:51 pm »
I am

just saying crash because it needs restart(couatl, asks for too).

Where is the "Couatl.ERR" file to be found?

Thanks
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 09:59:00 am »
Where is the "Couatl.ERR" file to be found?

You said yourself you had THIS message:

was something like "the addon unkown causing couatl scripting to crash please update the addon manager, do you want to see the log file", sorry I have delete my screenshot from that

So if you said YES to the "do you want to see the log file" question, it would have opened the file for you in Notepad, so you only had to post what it said.

If you didn't do that, the Couatl.LOG and the Couatl.ERR files (if logging is enabled or not, you might not have a Couatl.LOG file, but you WILL have a Couatl.err file in any case, if there's an error), are in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

cbarbas

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:59 am »
Hi,

here, "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali", I have always a log file but never show a file like this "Couatl.ERR", should I activate something whatever?
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 10:11:07 am »
here, "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali", I have always a log file but never show a file like this "Couatl.ERR", should I activate something whatever?

If you enabled logging, your error should be in the Couatl.LOG file. The Couatl.ERR file is generated ONLY if you DO NOT have enabled logging, but there *has* been an error, so you won't miss the error if you had logging disabled.