Author Topic: small suggestion  (Read 2378 times)

seelenkrieger

small suggestion
« on: September 09, 2015, 06:51:03 pm »
I didn't find something like that so, if it's in the false trat please move it.

I'm also Controller on Vatsim and I saw many times the request Pushback and need a Long time until beginning.
I think 1 Problem could be your Programm. I will explane you.

At the Moment.

Pilot: Request Push
Controller : Push approved facing west.

Now Pilot start request Push with Nose Right or Left on GSX, and GSX conect and start Push

I think the better Procedure is following:

Pilot request Push on GSX, and marshall connect the Plane and Tug.
When finished

Pilot: Request Push
Controller : Push approved facing west.

Pilot say GSX the direction and beginn Pushing.

So Controller didn't must wait until the Pilot has start pushing.
This is a big Problem in LOWI Link
If you see only 1 Taxiway and when I give him a clearance to Push can't move other planes
I think other Controller or Pilots could agree with that.

best regards
Weineis Patrick

cbarbas

• Aegean Airlines Virtual
Re: small suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 06:57:40 pm »
Hi,

you are right and wrong.

The problem eliminates it self at well known airports, EDDF for example, where its easy to know by charts the TAXI procedures.

In the other hand many airports offer various TAXI procedures and the virtual pilot is not in position to know what to expect from a controller.

I can understand what you mean because I am leaving it almost but every online flight and where online controller is active but I think its a "problem " that controllers have to live with it.

My 2 cents
Christopher Barbas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:08:26 pm »
I really don't see the problem. If the pilot asked for Pushback clearance BEFORE selecting the option in GSX, the controller can give it to him, and the pilot can then take all the time it needs, without requiring the controller to wait for him to confirm the direction.

The issue is, you cannot be 100% sure of what directions the user has available in GSX, because they depend both on the scenery AFCAD used and by a possible customization that user has made in GSX (or we made, for example when using an FSDT scenery on a stand that has a custom pushback), which might be way more complex than just Left or Right, considering that GSX now allows users to specify custom pushback locations.

The issue also works backwards: you, as the controller, might be aware of a real-life procedure that the pilot using GSX might not have at his disposal, either because the AFCAD doesn't support it, or GSX doesn't support it without an user customization, or GSX cannot support in any case, because the procedure is very unusual.

So, the real issue is, unless we'll had a way to ensure the kind of pushback you are clearing the user to can be performed by GSX, it doesn't make much sense to clear him to any pushback procedure (other than generally clearing him to "some" pushback), and just have the user confirming his own pushback intentions, clear him to do it, and let him do it, so he'll then start the GSX pushback, using the choice he asked for.

seelenkrieger

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 07:26:12 pm »
hy virtuali

Thanks for readback. Hope you didn't feeled atacked by my request. :) (I'm very bad at the point of emotion in text)

The Problem is the time he need until starting his push.
I know it as you wrote from Real Live ATC in LOWI. There is no standart taxi procedure.

if you depart rwy26 it could be possible, that he let taxi you to rwy08 and backtrack the hole rwy. (Also saw and heared it)

I realy don't know how many work there is behind, to Change it in your Code.

It is only a Suggestion, so not a must to :)