Author Topic: Three times in mulitiple flights GSX isn't loading up with FSX  (Read 2882 times)

Driver170

Three times in mulitiple flights GSX isn't loading up with FSX
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:39:14 am »
Its happening randomly and i need to exit FSX and restart then hope GSX has loaded this time. I'm finding on random load ups GSX isn't launching with FSX? Its not showing in the addons

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Three times in mulitiple flights GSX isn't loading up with FSX
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 03:33:52 pm »
Check that Couatl.exe is not still running from a previous session.

If it is, the most common case, is that you closed FSX and launched it again too quickly, without allowing to close all open files and open process. In this case, terminating Couatl.exe from the Task Manager would surely fix it.

Driver170

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 06:01:52 pm »
If it happens again i will try that.

Thanks!

SkyblueX

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 06:21:40 pm »
I also had this problem before. What I did to fix it was just re-download the standalone manager, and that should put it back in the addons menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 09:33:36 am »
I also had this problem before. What I did to fix it was just re-download the standalone manager, and that should put it back in the addons menu.

There's no need whatsoever to re-download or reinstall anything. See my reply above about closing and reopening FSX too quickly which results in couatl.exe still running from a previous session. You think reinstalling would "fix" this problem, but just because the installer will close any running couatl.exe.

As I've said in my previous reply, if the issue is that Couatl.exe is still running after FSX closed, terminating it from Task Manager before restarting FSX will surely fix this issue.