Author Topic: New Stand alone Manager appears to have caused GSX to malfunction **SOLVED**  (Read 4653 times)

Oggie

GSX has been working fine in FSX.  Today, when I started a flight, I received a message that a new Stand Alone Manager was available.  I closed out FSX after my flight, d/l the update but the VIRTUALi Addon Manger X installer stalls while loading the VX+++2013 Runtime.

I have tried this d/l and install 3 times with the same result.

Now, when I start FSX I get a system error message that
Couatl.exe will not start because MSCVP120.dll is missing  and a suggestion to try reinstaling.

I am not sure what is causing the error and how to correct it so any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 02:10:14 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Stand alone Manager appears to have caused GSX to malfunction
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 09:37:56 am »
Couatl.exe will not start because MSCVP120.dll is missing  and a suggestion to try reinstaling.

Your installation of the VC++ 2013 runtime libraries seems corrupted or missing and, the likely cause of the installer stalling, is the problem cannot be fixed by the MS installer so, what really has stalled, is not the Addon Manager installer, but the MS VC++ 2013 installer that is being launched by it.

Try to download and install the VC++ 2013 runtimes from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install the x86 version. Restart Windows after you installed it.

Oggie

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 09:33:39 pm »
Thank you.

That made all the difference and the installation was able to be completed, however, now when I start FSX I have a new error message relating to bglmanx.dll

"Procedure entry point SimConnect_text could not be located in Dynamic Link Library SimConnect.dll"

FSX then closes.

When I try restarting FSX an error message appears:

FSX has detected a problem with third party software program
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version 3.0.0.7
Company:Virtuali SAgl
File:bglmanx.dll

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:02:16 pm by Oggie »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 10:18:03 pm »
Try to reinstall after a Windows restart.

Oggie

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 06:41:55 am »
The reinstall after a Windows restart had no effect...same error message.

I see that this is the same problem as the topic below this in the menu (bglmanx.dll error) -if you would like to move this discussion to that topic.

jgpurty

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »
Not that this will help, Oggie, but I've the same issue as you and SkyPlaneX.  Tried all you both have and can't get GSX or my two airport programs to open in FSX due to the add-on manager issue.  Shame too.  I liked those a lot and just bought them a few weeks ago.  Hope dream team can get this straightened out

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 03:03:02 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate the problem in any way. The meaning of the error message is the SimConnect_text() procedure couldn't be found in the Simconnnect.dll library.

Since the SimConnect_text() is not available in the original Simconnect that came with FSX RTM ( before service packs ), the only possible explanation is that, because ANOTHER 3rd party module has requested THAT version to FSX, bglmanx.dll cannot get the one IT needs, which is the latest one, the one installed with SP2/Acceleration pack, because something in the Windows Side-by-side loading system, which is supposed to allow two versions of the same .DLL to be loaded in the same process at the same time, is not working.

Since this issue cannot be replicated in any way, I ask if someone with this error to PM me, to arrange a Teamviewer session, because I need to do some tests.

Oggie

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 01:56:56 am »
My problem was resolved by utilizing this proposed solution:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12418.msg94305.html#msg94305

Thank you.