Author Topic: GSX not fully working in P3D  (Read 2668 times)

clocki

GSX not fully working in P3D
« on: August 30, 2015, 02:06:09 am »
Hey,

I'm still not getting GSX to work as it should within P3D V2.5 . It shows up in the bar within P3D but I can not select anything from there. No settings or no customize option. When I click on it nothing happens. Also the short key to use GSX on an airport does not work. No airport services coming up.

Also no entry within the DLL.xml, maybe that's the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not fully working in P3D
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:00:58 pm »
Also no entry within the DLL.xml, maybe that's the problem?

I don't think it's possible that you could see the GSX menu options (although inoperative), but with no entries in the DLL.XML. Are you sure you are looking at the correct DLL.XML file ?

Are you using the P3D Migration tool ?

clocki

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 09:19:17 am »
I'm not sure if a entry is needed in that DLL.xml. Thought I read that somewhere, for that DLL.xml: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

No migration tools used, all done by hand mostly scenery made by Aerosoft copied from FSX to P3DV2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:25:15 am »
I'm not sure if a entry is needed in that DLL.xml. Thought I read that somewhere, for that DLL.xml: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Yes, that's the correct folder, and you must surely have a line for the Addon Manager in it ( bglmanx.dll ), otherwise nothing will work, and you will not have any FSDT menus ( Addon Manager, Couatl, GSX, etc. )

Couatl.exe, being an .exe, is instead called from EXE.XML