Author Topic: GSX changes my controller settings **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**  (Read 4116 times)

martin88

GSX changes my controller settings **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**
« on: September 02, 2015, 04:58:27 pm »
Hi,

I have a very strange problem and do not know if someone ever had the same: I use fsx steam edition on Windows 8.1. I play with an xbox 360 controller.
Funnily enough my game creates two different setups for the controller. One is named "xbox controller" and works perfect. The other one is named "xbox 360 controller for Windows" and this one works not well. I cannot even configure this setup because the D-Pat does not work properly.

Every time I want to change aircraft doors with the slew mode, I must restart the game because the controller setup jumps to the not working profile. I tested it about 20 times, I also deinstalled the driver for the controller and changed usb port. Same problem.
Sometimes when I just use GSX for a flight, this happens, too. Not often but sometimes.
This problem is so annoying that I am shortly before throwing down the whole fsx stuff.

I tested it just again in a default flight with the ultra light thing. Same problem again  ???

Really hope someone has a solution

Greetings
Martin
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:04:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX changes my controller settings
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 05:03:46 pm »
This issue has already been discussed in detail here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10997.msg92056.html

GSX doesn't have ANY interaction with the FSX joystick setting, and doesn't access any of the files that might affect it. See the final reply here, which confirms it's a known FSX problem, and it also happens with other FSX 3rd party addons:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10997.msg92056.html#msg92056

In the last line of the same reply, a possible solution.

martin88

Re: GSX changes my controller settings **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 05:09:42 pm »
Wow thank you again for fast answer!

So would you say this is a problem with fsx and xbox controller (need to buy another controller) or a general problem with fsx and usb hardware? (Sorry I could not figure this out)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »
So far, users only reported it with the Xbox360 controller. But, have you tried the solution indicated in the other thread ? That might save you buying another controller...

martin88

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 05:17:12 pm »
First I used a PS3 Controller with emulation program to xbox 360 controller. I thought this caused the problem so I bought an original xbox controller yesterday. I have to bring it back today anyway because one button is wobbly. (should not be with a new controller) I try the solution in the post and give response if the problem is solved or not

martin88

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 05:38:18 pm »
Ok problem is still there. Could not fix it

martin88

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 12:20:16 am »
So I bought the logitech f310 gamepad and tested it. I could not believe that the problem is still present. I nearly threw the whole fsx crap down from my PC...
Then I saw that the controller has a switch on the backside where you can switch from x to direct input. I never heard of it but used google to know that fsx likes d input. That is because it is an old game and x input is for newer games etc...
Now it lookes like the problem is solved but I will test it exactly the next days
The only thing i can say is DO NOT USE AN XBOX CONTROLLER FOR FSX WITH A SPECIAL NUMBER OF ADDONS. Best method is do not use it for fsx anyway. Altough both is microsoft stuff, it does not like each other
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:22:34 am by martin88 »