Author Topic: Errors trying to run GSX in FSX SP2 **SOLVED**  (Read 3477 times)

tkemp66

Errors trying to run GSX in FSX SP2 **SOLVED**
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:27:51 am »
I've been using GSX for some time now but since I reinstalled FSX a couple days ago and also GSX and Addon manager, I'm getting an error about invalid AFCAD at this position. The problem is happening at multiple airports, FSX defaults and FSDT KJFK, KLAXv2, KORD, Flightbeams KPHX and KSFO. Not sure how to resolve this. Can someone please help? Thanks

Troy
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:16:28 am by virtuali »
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Errors trying to run GSX in FSX SP2
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 10:15:31 am »
First, be sure to use the current GSX installer, not an older installer you might have. If that doesn't fix it, try to force a cache regeneration by removing the following folders:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl

tkemp66

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:17:38 pm »
OK I tried both your suggestions and neither worked....same issue. I even disabled Mytraffic 6 professional because some have seen a similar issue with it but that did not resolve either. :(
Any thing else I can try?

By the way, I have noticed that GSX newest version 1.9.1 was already installed. I uninstalled it again and reinstalled. There are some noticeable differences between this version and the previous so Im wondering could this new version be this problem?

Troy
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:20:07 pm by tkemp66 »
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:05:51 pm »
I uploaded a couatl.log file from GSX troubleshooting. Hope this helps. The last log at the very bottom is the first thing I see when FSX is launched " Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 2 seconds"

Sorry but I had to convert the file to.txt since it wont upload a .log file.

Troy
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 08:09:31 pm »
By the way, I have noticed that GSX newest version 1.9.1 was already installed.

The newest GSX version is 1.9.11, 1.9.1 was an old one.

This line indicates the problem:

Exception while creating airport cache: CreateFile failed: Access is denied: "E:\FSX\Scenery\NAMC\scenery\imaginesim_AF2_KLZU.bgl" (system:5)

It seems that something is blocking the access to this specific file, or the file is corrupted. Try to exclude the whole E:\FSX folder from the antivirus realtime scanning.

tkemp66

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 09:48:42 pm »
Ok...I was able to locate that file. Weird that that file and KATL, both of imaginesim were the only other third parties in there. I uninstalled Imaginesim Katl and manually deleted those two files. FSX finally and successfully up and running...scenery cache for the first time completed and loaded. I have only had a chance to test at a default airport but will test others 3rd party later. So far, I like what you have done with version 1.9.11..Thank you so much for your help. You are all very awesome!!!

Troy :) :) :) :)
Troy Kemp