Author Topic: gsx not working  (Read 9633 times)

american398

gsx not working
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:53:18 pm »
im sorry, have been really patient with you guys but its starting to reach a breaking point. GSX simply is not working. I push Ctrl + F12 and nothing. I go to the menu and try it and get nothing. this is absolutely terrible. I have all your addon managers , updates...ect. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All this cautl stuff, what is this? all these layers you guys put on your scenery. no other scenery developer has these issues.

CaptBmckay

Re: gsx not working
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 10:57:13 pm »
I am having the same issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 10:24:44 am »

marlosb

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »
I am having the same problem with GSX, its not starting up at all. When i go into the Addon manager its saying it Installed but CTRL SFT+ F12 not working.

fsxnate

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 05:06:52 pm »
Hello,

I had a similar issue and I'm not sure if this will help you, it did work for me and here is the link to my original post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12359.0.html

1. Start Prepar3d
2. Kill COUATL in Task Manager
3. Start COUATL as Administrator
4. Go back to P3D (Running still) and it said Airport Cache Loaded (Tried Menu, CTRL + 12, and went to JFK) all working
5. Closed P3D, started it again, it says Airport Cache loaded, and again everything is working

marlosb

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 07:23:03 pm »
Thanks for that info i would give it a try!!!!!

marlosb

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 09:22:40 pm »
Unfortunately it worked once and my problem didnt resolve!!!! Guess i would have to wait on the FSDT to come out with an update  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 09:47:48 am »
Unfortunately it worked once and my problem didnt resolve!!!! Guess i would have to wait on the FSDT to come out with an update  :-\

We already made an update, but it will likely not fix the problem, since we haven't been able to replicate it yet.

What the update does, is to (hopefully) display some more diagnostic messages in the log, assuming the part of the code that *might* fail under some unusual condition is the one we guessed, and these message might help us finding a proper fix.

The new Couatl.exe build is 3159, and you can get it by reinstalling GSX again, with no need to redownload anything or uninstall anything. Just run the existing installer again, to get the new build, and see if it there's some difference and, more importantly, send your Couatl.LOG file after a session with the "stuck" menus.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:11:11 pm by virtuali »

sebyh

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 07:00:13 pm »
Same issue here, its all started after the last GSX update.

GSX has been very solid until this version. I understand every one frustration even Umberto the developer. Seems when the scenery cache is rebuilt it seems to stop working. I have isolated FSX folder from the anti virus.

The only thing that's changed that could affect GSX is that I moved to My Traffic 6.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 10:13:33 pm »
Same issue here, its all started after the last GSX update.

As I've said:

more importantly, send your Couatl.LOG file after a session with the "stuck" menus.

Using the LAST Couatl.exe build, which can be obtained by reinstalling GSX now.

sebyh

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 10:59:00 am »
I will get the log next time it happens for you.

Cheers
seb

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 04:50:59 pm »
Same issue for me and after re loading still no fix. Happened to me after I bought KJFK.  What I've done is to change ctrl F12 to key o.  This got the function to work again.  Try doing this to a key that isn't assigned to anything and see how you go.  I guess the devs will release an update once they can replicate the issue. Either way I've now got one less key to press to get GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »
Same issue for me and after re loading still no fix. Happened to me after I bought KJFK.  What I've done is to change ctrl F12 to key o.  This got the function to work again. 

Then you don't have the "same issue". The issue that is being discussed here are inoperative menus, not the hotkey not working.

If you had the hotkey not working, but you fixed it by changing to another one, you simply had a conflict with another addon, and the ability to sort out conflicts with other addons ( the number of available keys is not unlimited, so conflicts *will* happen ), is precisely the reason why the "Key Mapping" menu exists.

KolosovV

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 06:08:27 pm »
virtuali, that's interesting, but after install vc redist 2013 from Microsoft site, GSX works perfect. :-\
I think it is a problem because of which many people stopped working GSX.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
2014 - GSX, 2018 - GSX Level 2
2023 - GSX Pro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 09:58:58 pm »
after install vc redist 2013 from Microsoft site, GSX works perfect.

Which is why, the GSX installer automatically installs it. It's exactly the same file you download from MS. However, it's possible that in some cases that installation might fail, possibly antivirus-related but under normal circumstances, it's not needed to install manually.

If it fixed the problem for you, that's good and in fact, we suggested it some times.

However, since you said you had the "same" problem, could you please confirm which problem you were referring to ? As I've said in my previous reply, there are two issues that has been discussed here: the hotkey not calling the GSX menu, and the GSX menus being inoperative. Which problem you had ?