Author Topic: Ability to download older versions?  (Read 6645 times)

Artur96

Ability to download older versions?
« on: August 23, 2015, 12:33:11 am »
Because some users (including me) are having the 'GSX loads whenever it feels like it' problem, it would be a great idea for us to be able to revert back to the stable 1.9 version of GSX.
Would publishing the 1.9 installer be possible?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:46:55 am by Artur96 »

DANEQ99

Re: Ability to download older versions?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:03:43 pm »
I found out when you re-install an airport from FSDreamteam is reverts the GSX to 1.9

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 10:26:48 am »
I found out when you re-install an airport from FSDreamteam is reverts the GSX to 1.9

If you use an old installed for an airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:28:54 am »
Because some users (including me) are having the 'GSX loads whenever it feels like it' problem, it would be a great idea for us to be able to revert back to the stable 1.9 version of GSX.
Would publishing the 1.9 installer be possible?

This is not the correct way to solve this.

The correct way to solve this, considering we (and thousands of other users that downloaded the latest installer) haven't been able to replicate this problem, is to do as I asked here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12345.msg93866.html#msg93866

And help us finding the cause.

Artur96

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:28:13 pm »
You should seriously consider reversing this version back to beta, since this update does not work fully.
For example, during airport cache regeneration, if the addon does crash, even after turning Prepar3D off, couatl.exe is still active and does something. According to Task Manager, it uses up around 30% of CPU's power.
I've attached the log for any reference.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 08:58:48 pm »
You should seriously consider reversing this version back to beta, since this update does not work fully.

We have been in Beta 6 months, and this version is way more stable than the previous version ever was. See here for another user that fixed it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12371.msg93963.html#msg93963

The problem was the antivirus, and was fixed by following what has always been our suggestion in this specific case, which is to exclude the whole simulator folder from scanning.

For example, during airport cache regeneration, if the addon does crash, even after turning Prepar3D off, couatl.exe is still active and does something.

What do you mean with "the addon crash" ? You mean the SIM crashes, or another addon cause the sim to crash ?

Whatever the reason, if the sim crashes, it's normal that Couatl couldn't close normally, because it's the SIM that has the responsibility to close it, not Couatl that is supposed to "close itself" so, of course, if the sim crashes for any reason, it will not have a chance to close the executables IT has launched and is supposed to close. This was the same for any reason.

According to Task Manager, it uses up around 30% of CPU's power.

Couatl doesn't normally use that much CPU power, but if your sim crashed while it was regenerating the cache, that's seem to be normal. As I've said, the problem is that it's the sim which is supposed to send a message to Couatl to close it, via Simconnect. However, if the sim crashed, the communication is broken, and Couatl cannot receive that message anymore, so it's likely got stuck.

I've attached the log for any reference.

Artur96

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 08:54:37 pm »
My sim doesn't crash, the cache regeneration just stops and GSX disappears from the addons menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:01 pm »
My sim doesn't crash, the cache regeneration just stops and GSX disappears from the addons menu.

Have you tried this ?

The problem was the antivirus, and was fixed by following what has always been our suggestion in this specific case, which is to exclude the whole simulator folder from scanning.

CaptBmckay

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 03:13:15 am »
I am having the same issue

Artur96

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 10:13:14 am »

Have you tried this ?

Yes I have. Added P3D folder and couatl.exe to Windows Defender's exclusion list, and still the same problem. Reinstalling GSX now.

johndrago

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 07:15:18 pm »

I had the same issue upon upgrading to the latest version.  My regeneration started, and then it just dissappeared, and CNTL-F12 did nothing.  Usually, when the regeneration is still going on, pressing CNTL-F12 will bring up the display and show what percentage is complete.  My entire FSX folder is already exempted from my AV.

Rather than trying something major, I simply exited FSX, rebooted my computer, and went back into FSX.  At that point, everything was working properly.  I didn't push it hard to see if I could replicate it again, so not sure if it was a fluke.

John

Artur96

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 09:50:24 pm »
Reinstall did nothing. Same problem, airport cache regeneration stops at about 75%.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 09:41:43 am »
Reinstall did nothing. Same problem, airport cache regeneration stops at about 75%.

Could you check if you already got the Couatl.exe build 3159 ? If yes, please send me a Couatl.LOG (best by email) produced by it when the menus appears stuck, because we added new diagnostic informations that might help us finding the cause of the problem.

If you don't have build 3159 yet, reinstall it now to get it. We uploaded on the Live Update server yesterday in the late afternoon ( CET +1 )
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:10:24 pm by virtuali »