Author Topic: P3D crashes on start up  (Read 2635 times)

clocki

P3D crashes on start up
« on: August 24, 2015, 10:00:23 am »
Hello all,

Getting currently trouble when starting P3D. I can not get further then the main screen. It closes itself without a real error message. Only with the advice that it will send a error log with the following information:

AppName: prepar3d.exe      AppVer: 2.5.12946.0     AppStamp:555f2e54
    ModName: ntdll.dll      ModVer: 6.1.7601.18933      ModStamp:55a69e20
    fDebug: 0       Offset: 00022312

The problem occurred after I removed GSX (latest installer) from P3D. Reason for that was after my first install (after buy) that GSX did not show up after a P3D restart. So I wanted to do a reinstall. But P3D then never started :/
 Anyone an idea how to fix that (FSX+Windows+other tools running fine).
Also tried to reset the P3D.cfg, removed Shaders, remove latest scenery (FlyTampa) but no success.
The P3D forum suggested me to ask here in your forum.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D crashes on start up
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 10:12:04 am »
This problem cannot have anything to do with GSX, especially if it happened after uninstalling, but it couldn't possibly be caused by installing GSX either.

The GSX installer and of course the uninstaller, will not affect any of the P3D .dll or other executables. It's not clear from your message what you did when uninstalling:

- If you replied NO to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine" that are made at the end, it means our two modules are still started by the sim, but are not doing much, since there's no GSX anymore

- If you replied YES to the questions, it means the modules are not there anymore, so it's impossible the crash could be caused by any of our software, since it's just not there.

So, you might try answering YES to those questions, which would cause a complete removal. If you are STILL getting the crash, then would have final proof the problem didn't had anything to do with any of our products, and the fact you noticed it after uninstalling it was just coincidental.

If, instead, the crash doesn't happen anymore when uninstalling by replying YES to both the above questions, then it's possible (which might also explain why GSX didn't work) you have used the P3D Migration Tool ? Using it with our products that do recognize P3D natively and MUST recognize it from FSX, WILL surely cause crashes, because we'll be tricked into thinking your are running FSX (but you are not), so any direct access in FSX memory locations under P3D will surely cause crashes. The P3D Migration Tool should be disabled when running any of our products, especially the Legacy mode.

clocki

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:24:11 am »
Thanks for the answer :)

I answered YES as I thought the "GSX is not showing up" problem is related to the manager. So I answered to remove all managers and things installed by your installer.

Also now tried once again to reinstall using the latest installer but without success. I also searched for the file within windows and I can only find that file in some system folders from Windows.

EDIT: Never used a migration tool. FSX is also still running fine and only copied some sceneries over from FSX via copy&paste but not via a tool (except the scenery installer ;) )
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:25:43 am by clocki »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:27:42 am »
I answered YES as I thought the "GSX is not showing up" problem is related to the manager. So I answered to remove all managers and things installed by your installer.

Then, if you are still getting the crash, it's sure the crash problem doesn't have anything to do with our products, it was just coincidental that it happened when uninstalling it.

Also now tried once again to reinstall using the latest installer but without success. I also searched for the file within windows and I can only find that file in some system folders from Windows.

If you are referring to the latest GSX installer, since the problem (according to your previous report about how you uninstalled it) wasn't caused by GSX to begin with, it won't be fixed it by reinstalling it.

Have you tried reinstalling P3D instead ?