Author Topic: Follow me trucks acting strange after update **SOLVED**  (Read 9325 times)

teisco

Follow me trucks acting strange after update **SOLVED**
« on: August 16, 2015, 02:43:37 am »
My favorite feature and now it does not work anymore. The follow me trucks worked perfectly before the update but now they start to guide me and then turn around and go back the other way and sometimes they will just go back to their parking space. I have not had one truck take me to my parking space since the update.

Just tried it with the DesMoines airport (one the worked find before update) and got a crash. Here is the log:

couatl v3.0 (build 3156)
panic log started on Sat Aug 15 20:05:31 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\followMe.py", line 695, in run
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 347, in run
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 247, in smoothPath
IndexError: list index out of range
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:04:23 pm by virtuali »

teisco

Re: Follow me trucks acting strange after update
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 04:04:53 am »
I just downloaded the full program again and installed it but still the same follow me problem.

Here is a video of the problem and you will see the truck starts out to go the right way then turns around and heads to it's own parking spot.

I tried to embed the video but after trying every link youtube had for this video using your youtube code I did not get any of them to work.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:13:10 am by teisco »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 10:04:25 am »
Your video doesn't show the error you reported, so I assume it was fixed by downloading the full installer. Also, the video clearly indicates what the "problem" was, which is not a problem, of course, but a new realistic feature of the Follow Me.

Since you were approaching to it too fast on a path they considered to be dangerous to themselves, you had the message about the service being aborted for safety reasons, also discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12316.msg93554.html#msg93554

Since the service was terminated, the car was now returning back to its own parking, instead of the parking you asked for, so that's also entirely normal.

teisco

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:57:16 pm »
Really, too fast. I was moving slowly and was not very close to the follow me truck. I tried this several times again after your answer and no matter how far my distance or how slow I went the truck always turned away and went back to it's parking. I really hope there is a way around this new "feature" because it ruins the follow me experience for me now.

So is there a way I can download the older version? Or a config change I can make to make this feature go away?

martin88

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 04:09:38 pm »
Really, too fast. I was moving slowly and was not very close to the follow me truck. I tried this several times again after your answer and no matter how far my distance or how slow I went the truck always turned away and went back to it's parking. I really hope there is a way around this new "feature" because it ruins the follow me experience for me now.

So is there a way I can download the older version? Or a config change I can make to make this feature go away?

Yes would be great. Do not like this feature, too. I am playing with xbox/ PS3 controller and it is nearly impossible to control the speed like with a stick and thrust lever. This feature should be able to be disabled if I want to

teisco

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 05:17:39 pm »
Yes please make this a switchable or variable feature so some of use less experienced in the art of taxing can still use the follow me trucks.

I love the product and do not want a refund and will still use and praise this product but if you would be so kind as to adjust this one thing for us.

Thanks
paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 11:55:20 am »
Really, too fast. I was moving slowly and was not very close to the follow me truck.

Your video clearly shows your were on an interception course with the car: instead of following it on the yellow line, you were cutting the corner and were going straight to it. The program evaluates your heading, the car heading, and the closing rate, and decides you are approaching too dangerously, if it anticipates a collision in less than a certain amount of seconds.

You cannot download the old version, but we might add a configuration switch to exclude the safety fleeing, or change its parameters.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:58:23 am by virtuali »

teisco

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 01:14:06 pm »
Thank  you very much for considering to make this an adjustable or switchable option. I know now what I did wrong but I am not that good at taxing for some reason. I love the program and think it is one of the best of the immersive style software.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 02:54:59 pm »
The ability to disable the Follow Me "flee" function has been included in the latest Live Update.

teisco

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 02:58:20 pm »
Thanks, great product with even better support.

teisco

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 02:23:04 pm »
Ok I put the line " followme_disable_flee = 1 " in the correct location in the config but the truck still returns to it's parking spot if I get a little too close or too fast.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 05:05:47 pm »
Ok I put the line " followme_disable_flee = 1 " in the correct location in the config but the truck still returns to it's parking spot if I get a little too close or too fast.

Doesn't happen, with the current version, as confirmed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12316.msg93982.html#msg93982

Just be sure you use the latest code, with the "Check for Updates" feature.

vilperi

Re: Follow me trucks acting strange after update **SOLVED**
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 09:07:25 pm »
The truck crashed 4 out of 6 times upon summoned, after the guidance was started. User's plane was on taxiway well behind the truck.

Latest version, downloaded new exe to be sure from the site (checked with live update).

VRS tacpack injects simobjects, can that be the reason?

http://pastebin.com/Tnv7cNLw
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:09:03 pm by vilperi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 12:36:31 am »
The truck crashed 4 out of 6 times upon summoned, after the guidance was started. User's plane was on taxiway well behind the truck.

There are two issues discussed here:

1) The fact the truck goes away if you approach it too dangerously to it, which is a behavior that CAN be disabled as explained above, and of course it's not a bug.

AND

2) The error message in the first message.

If you are having the error message, please indicate ALL the following informations:

- The airport used ( if it's not default or an FSDT one, identify the 3rd party scenery used )

- Your approximate position when you called the Follow Me

- The destination selected ( a Gate, or a Runway start position )

vilperi

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 09:09:33 am »

There are two issues discussed here:

1) The fact the truck goes away if you approach it too dangerously to it, which is a behavior that CAN be disabled as explained above, and of course it's not a bug.

AND

2) The error message in the first message.

If you are having the error message, please indicate ALL the following informations:

- The airport used ( if it's not default or an FSDT one, identify the 3rd party scenery used )

- Your approximate position when you called the Follow Me

- The destination selected ( a Gate, or a Runway start position )

1)
Waited on taxiway and observed the truck to arrive, make an U-turn and standby waiting for me to move. Shortly after moving the crashes began.

2)
ORBX KJAC, addon version. Selected parking position 12. On multiple occasions did _not_ request the Follow-me, and Coautl didn't crash.

S is start and D destination.

Tested how TacPack affects, crashes still at the same point.
With TP: http://pastebin.com/cm1RPKZU Something is clearly wrong here, and it might hurt performance.
Without TP:
Code: [Select]
couatl v3.0 (build 3159)
panic log started on Sat Aug 29 10:22:09 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\followMe.py", line 542, in run
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 347, in run
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 202, in smoothPath
  File "couatl\common\line.py", line 9, in __init__
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:25:58 am by vilperi »