Author Topic: Two questions about jetways and messages  (Read 4633 times)

mga010

Two questions about jetways and messages
« on: August 14, 2015, 01:26:58 pm »
I have three questions I could not solve on my own.

1 - Is it possible to force a staircase to the front entry even if your software thinks there is a jetway (while there is none, maybe due to a bad design of a freeware airport)?

2 - Is it possible to stop the messages during pushback? I can hear them clearly, no need to read them too.

3 - Is it possible to disable the numeric display above the marshaller for more realism?

Thanks for any hints, and excuse me asking another "jetway question".

R.G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Two questions about jetways and messages
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:45:40 pm »
1 - Is it possible to force a staircase to the front entry even if your software thinks there is a jetway (while there is none, maybe due to a bad design of a freeware airport)?

Of course there is, the "Parking has a jetway" option, explained in the GSX manual, Page 24:

Parking has a Jetway
This option can be used to disable the front/middle Passenger stairs on sceneries that have static Jetways or use any other method than the FSX native one to display or animated them.

In your case, the jetways HAS been detected, because it's in the scenery AFCAD so, by disabling the option, GSX will display all stairs and the passenger bus.

However, you might want to check why there IS a jetway, but is not displayed.

It might be or not a problem of the scenery, maybe it's programmed to appear only with higher Scenery Complexity settings. Or, GSX might using the default AFCAD for the scenery, which has jetways, but the addon scenery has disabled them and its own AFCAD is not setting them OR the addon AFCAD cannot be used by GSX, because it's only an enhancement of the default one, so GSX is still reading the default one.

2 - Is it possible to stop the messages during pushback? I can hear them clearly, no need to read them too.

The "Verbosity" slider in the "Simulation" tab of the GSX -> Settings menu.

3 - Is it possible to disable the numeric display above the marshaller for more realism?

The "Marshaller distance" readout in the "Simulation" tab of the GSX -> Settings menu.

mga010

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 02:11:59 pm »
Your answers were right to the point. I already wondered why the authors of such a great software could have left out these simple settings. Now I know that this was my faults. One reason is that I did not discover the manual easily. I might have deleted the link to it on the desktop. The setting is on page 23, by the way.

Indeed, the jetways in EDDF (open scenery) appear with scenery details maxed out. I am not sure if I like this frameratewise.

Thanks

R.G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:14:55 pm »
The setting is on page 23, by the way.

It's on Page 24. If you have it on Page 23, it means your manual is outdated too. Normally, is downloaded automatically by the GSX installer so, it seems you haven't installed GSX in a while and/or your GSX is likely outdated too.

mga010

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 04:26:26 pm »
I ran the "live updater" in the program. The topic about the jetway is still on page 23. The manual says it is Version 1.9. Is there another way of updating?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 10:38:35 am »
I ran the "live updater" in the program. The topic about the jetway is still on page 23. The manual says it is Version 1.9. Is there another way of updating?

If you are still running GSX 1.9 that comes with Couatl 2, the Live Update for it doesn't update anything (since we haven't updated Couatl 2 since February, after we started the Couatl 3 Beta), now that the latest version has been out of Beta and it's official, so you must download and install the current GSX full installer, which will update everything to the last version, and its own Live Update will start to work again.

mga010

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 12:55:51 pm »

If you are still running GSX 1.9 that comes with Couatl 2, the Live Update for it doesn't update anything (since we haven't updated Couatl 2 since February, after we started the Couatl 3 Beta), now that the latest version has been out of Beta and it's official, so you must download and install the current GSX full installer, which will update everything to the last version, and its own Live Update will start to work again.

I have downloaded and installed the recent version from the web site. Installation says "Update 1.9" which is a bit confusing since I had already 1.9. But the menu layout has changed and the jetway page is now 24. So everything is fine. Thanks for your help once more.