Author Topic: Position of PAX 2 door  (Read 3978 times)

Christoph

Position of PAX 2 door
« on: October 27, 2018, 10:27:57 pm »
Hello,

for an aircraft not included in the integrated GSX database, I created my own configuration using the 3D editor. That aircraft has a PAX 2 door. When I configure that door in the same way as all other doors, that is the three axes meeting at the bottom center of the door, afterwards the stair comes in much too low and too war away from the plane. Of course, I tried to correct that by changing the gsx door position, but I even cannot move the gsx position high enough to really match the door, because of some limitation, no stairs will appear at all if the gsx position is higher than some limit.

Additionally, at the PAX 2 door, the position of entering passengers does not fit the position of the stairs. The passengers enter the plane much higher than the stairs and their heads are visible above the top of the plane. Obviously, in comparison with other doors, the passengers at PAX 2 have their normal positions in relation to the configured gsx position, though the stairs have not.

Regards
  Christoph

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Position of PAX 2 door
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 11:10:47 pm »
You cannot have only a Pax2 door.

The positions on the diagram are only an example but, if you have an airplane that has only 1 door, set the Pax1 to on that position. A Pax2 can exists only if there's already a Pax1.

Christoph

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 12:50:45 pm »
Of course, the plane also has other passenger doors (PAX 1 and PAX 3), but the described problem with the gsx position for the door only occurs at PAX 2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 03:41:36 pm »
Of course, the plane also has other passenger doors (PAX 1 and PAX 3), but the described problem with the gsx position for the door only occurs at PAX 2.

Are they of the same height ?

Christoph

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 02:11:18 pm »
Which of the four values in pos = (in the gsx.cfg) is the height?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 02:51:28 pm »
Which of the four values in pos = (in the gsx.cfg) is the height?

The last one.

Christoph

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 07:07:49 pm »
The last value is the angle of the door. For easiness, I attached my gsx.cfg .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 09:07:08 pm »
If would have been easier if you just read the door's height from the airplane editor, because it tells the height from ground, while the one in the GSX.CFG tells the height relative to the airplane center of mass.

Christoph

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 06:51:50 pm »
Hello,

as I used the 3D editor to find the correct GSX door positions, there are of course small inaccuracies, but the heights of all passenger and service doors are very close together.

Regards
  Christoph

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 02:30:21 pm »
as I used the 3D editor to find the correct GSX door positions, there are of course small inaccuracies, but the heights of all passenger and service doors are very close together.

Could you please do what I asked, and supply with the door's height, as read from the 3d editor (or the airplane configuration dialog) ? As I've said, the GSX.CFG is difficult to read, without knowing the airplane center of mass, that's why I asked to read it from the editor.

Yes, you said they are close, but I wanted to know their actual height.

Christoph

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 07:20:13 pm »
I HAD DONE what you asked. May I remind that the question was just if the doors are of the same height and not what exactly that height is? My additional question about which value is the height was just for knowing which values to compare. In the meanwhile, I set all height values of service and passenger doors to 5.20 anyway. But before, the difference was 0.15 maximum, with the three axes crossing in the bottom center of the door. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 10:13:12 am »
I HAD DONE what you asked.

No, you haven't. You never told me the height from ground until now. You only posted your GSX.CFG file which, as I've said, makes it difficult for me to calculate the height from ground, without knowing the airplane center of mass. That's why I asked to read the height from the editor and report it.

May I remind that the question was just if the doors are of the same height and not what exactly that height is?

That was my first question. If I asked the height in addition of the height difference, it's because I needed it, since some stairs cannot reach some heights and, there's a limitation in GSX that door 1 and door 2 must share the same animation variables but, if they got different models, not both models might be able to reach that height.

That's why I asked for the height, in addition to asking if they were lined up.

In the meanwhile, I set all height values of service and passenger doors to 5.20 anyway.

Now, you finally said the height, which is fact confirms the problem was that not all stairs can reach it and, if you got two different models (they are chosen randomly), because of the limitation I explained, one of them seems to not reach the door, because the must share the same variables.

However, with 5.20 meters, there's only one model that can be used. If the staircase model it's the same, and the door height it's the same, it's not possible they won't be lined up at the same height. Do you recall if two different models were used instead ?

Christoph

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 01:59:30 pm »
I did not notice any different stair models so far.

My impression is that I get better results (for stairs and incoming passengers) when I use the same heights for door 1 and door 2, though from view of the 3d Editor, I would come to slightly different values. Additionally, at door 2, I have to move the point where the three axes cross each other quite far into the plane, along the green axis, while at all other doors it seems correct that the three axes cross at the bottom center of the door, directly at the border between inside and outside.