Author Topic: Drunk Follow-Me driver  (Read 2533 times)

jimstiles

Drunk Follow-Me driver
« on: August 09, 2015, 02:20:47 am »
Hello,

I've just updated my GSX to the latest release, seems to work good except for the follow-me driver at KDFW.

I flew the default 737 into KDFW after the update, requested the follow-me truck, appeared in proper time but drove on the side of the first taxiway instead of in the center. Then after it turned me onto another taxiway right into the path of an oncoming plane, I had to move off the taxiway to let the other plane pass then turned back onto the taxiway where the follow-me truck was waiting for me. It then attempted to turn me into the gate parking area but I could tell my 737 wasn'the going to fit between the objects the truck was going between so I took another taxiway then turned into the parking area and caught up with the truck. It then took me back out onto another taxiway in front of another plane coming my way. I then ended the flight due to the boss calling me to supper.

I'll try it again later and see if he's sobered up but thought I'd go ahead and post this.

Jim

jimstiles

Re: Drunk Follow-Me driver
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 05:13:49 am »
Update:

Just flew into KDFW again, this time driver of the follow-me truck wasn't so bad, at least there were no near head-ons, everyone was going in the right direction on the runways.  He did try to take me into the same area as before when first leaving the taxiway and entering the gate parking area. As we turned left off the taxiway, instead of taking the taxiway to the left, he drove across it and entered the gate parking area turning left behind a small building. This time I followed and sure enough, had to veer off to the left onto the grass (or whatever it is) in order not to hit the building then a couple of telephone or light poles ahead that he drove between. I knew the plane wasn't going to fit between them so I veered off to the left again to go around the poles and start following the truck again, he went back out to the correct taxiway he should have turned on and we went around to gate D-11 where we were headed.

As a laugh....as we were taxing around the terminal building and approaching one of the overpasses to cross, I caught a glimpse of something off to the right near the gates that appeared to be falling. It first looked like a barrel of some kind but then it hit the ground and continued on and it turned out to be a van of some type.  What looked like happened is that it came from the roadway below the overpass I was fixing to taxi across, up the embankment into the air, then falling to the ground.  It was in the air when I noticed it, can't think of anything else or any place else it could have come from.  I guess KDFW was full of drunk drivers tonight or something. LOL

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:41:44 am »
The FollowMe car has been *greatly* improved from the last GSX version so, if you think it's a bit glitchy now, it means you haven't used it much before...

We'll surely check it, but we must first obtain a more precise report, using this format:

- The position you were when you called the FollowMe card

- The destination you chose ( a gate, or a starting position )

Please note that, most of our team is in vacation now, so it might be a couple of week before we'll be able to work on it.

About KDFW underpasses, they are not fully supported by GSX (every version), but it's likely we'll improve it in future upgrade, not just for KDFW, but other 3rd party airports that use unusual ways to simulated elevated platform, like Aerosoft La Palma, etc.

jimstiles

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 04:05:47 pm »
Hello,

You're right, I've only been using the follow-me truck a short while but did notice its overall improvement in this latest version. I will try to take notes of the information you need if I see it happen again and forward them to you.

As for the van coming up the embankment, I didn't think that was a problem with GSX but just a funny thing that happened. All it needed was a police car behind it and they'd have a realistic scene in todays time.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Jim
P.S.  Having a great time using your KDFW and KLAX, I keep looking at Chicago and New York for my next purchase, hard to choose. Can't wait for KMEM, will for sure get that one as it is close to where I live. Great Products!!!!!

jimstiles

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 10:16:52 pm »
Hello,

Ok, an update, today I flew the default 737 from KLIT to KDFW as before landing on 35R as before, exited rwy onto taxiway Q5, stopped at the line, pulled up the GSX and requested parking at gate D10 which is where the ATC was intructing me to go last time. Waited for the follow-me truck to arrive, it turned me Right onto taxiway Q to taxiway EL where we turned Left. Stayed on taxiway EL crossing rwy 35C and 35L and taxiway L. at this point it should have turned me Right onto taxiway K but the truck overshot the turn and started taking me behind the first small building on the left and then between the two light poles to the left of the building as you are looking at it.  Knowing the 737 wasn't going to fit between the poles, I turned further left to avoid them crossing the grassy island where just past it, the truck came back out onto taxiway K and we proceeded to gate D10.  I haven't met any oncoming aircraft coming towards me on the same taxiway since that one time.  I did make one other flight taking the same taxi route only on this one, the truck started to overshoot taxiway K but turned back before it went behind that same building and took me on taxiway K as it should have, it just overshot it a little but corrected.

This is the only place I've had this occur, all other experience so far with the follow-me truck has been great.

Thanks, hope this help is it's a bug on your end, if it's a problem on my end, I'll just remember to watch the truck driver closer.

Have a great day!

Jim