Author Topic: GSX menus non responsive  (Read 2001 times)

camo

GSX menus non responsive
« on: August 09, 2015, 06:42:45 pm »
Hi I have updated to the latest version but now when I load P3D and wait until its regenerated the airport cache I press ctrl+f12 but nothing happens, I have all the menus in the addons tab but they are all non responsive.  Now this is where it gets interesting, after i restart the sim and check the addons tab, all the sub menus have vanished apart from the addon manager??

I am having to reinstall gsx and the stand alone addon manager just to get it to work again but after I shut down the pc and then turn it back on again a few days later i am back to square one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menus non responsive
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:55:00 pm »
I am having to reinstall gsx and the stand alone addon manager just to get it to work again but after I shut down the pc and then turn it back on again a few days later i am back to square one.

That seems to be caused by an antivirus problem, that is blocking the software only after the first run. As explained in all threads about the antivirus, it's not enough to disable the antivirus when downloading and installing: you must also configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

Also, check you don't restart FSX too quickly after you quit from it. If you don't allow it to close all the opened files and the running executables it started (which includes Couatl.exe ), and you restart it too quickly, it's possible the Couatl.exe running from the previous session is stuck waiting for the previous FSX to quit, so it won't work with the new FSX session.

If this is the case, you would see Couatl.exe still running on the Task Manager, after closing FSX. In this case, terminate it with the Task Manager and restart FSX normally. Always wait a bit when closing FSX, before restarting it again.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:58:11 pm by virtuali »