Author Topic: Couatl error  (Read 2581 times)

alex007

Couatl error
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:01:32 pm »
Hello

Use FSDT products with joy on my Mac Air and never had any troubles until now. Searched the forum, found some similar issues but not exactly the same or maybe didn't find. Here is my story:

I got new rig:
i7-4790k 4.0 gHz, GTX 980ti, 16gb ram, ssd 512gb, Win7 64

All my graphics are set to the right to maximum, anisotropic with anti-aliasing is on in fsx. No tweaks to fsx.cfg
I made a couple of flights between Aerosoft airports, used GSX. Everything worked smooth.

Then started to test FSDT airports. Chose KIAH to KLAX.
When started to pushback in KIAH using GSX saw that the direction of turn was wrong and decided to abort the push back and ... got the trouble. The plane stopped but GSX menu was frozen and I couldn't exit it. The troubleshooting was recorded by the couatl. The log file is attached.

I quit that flight and started a new one. Again the same route. This time GSX was working ok (I didn't make aborts of pushback). I took off from KIAH, nice night landing in KLAX. Started GSX taxing to the gate.
But after somewhile during taxing I saw that taxi car started to hardly finding where to go and suddenly the graphics started to go crazy while I was able to continue and went to the gate. But the graphics of the scenery were dancing and changing structure like hell. I got the message: "couatl scripting engine error".

I attach the log file. Please help me on this issue.

My addons are: PMDG 737, GSX, ASN, FSCaptain, no landscape  addons yet.

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl error
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:25:36 pm »
When started to pushback in KIAH using GSX saw that the direction of turn was wrong and decided to abort the push back and ... got the trouble. The plane stopped but GSX menu was frozen and I couldn't exit it.

You should have used the "Restart Couatl" option in this case. As the manual explains, is your "panic" button.

But after somewhile during taxing I saw that taxi car started to hardly finding where to go and suddenly the graphics started to go crazy while I was able to continue and went to the gate. But the graphics of the scenery were dancing and changing structure like hell. I got the message: "couatl scripting engine error".

You error log doesn't show any errors happened after July 8th. Does it mean you had this error back then and never reported it until today, or you think you had a new error now ?

In any case, the graphic problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and it's just a problem of your video drivers and/or settings. The Couatl error is entirely unrelated to this.

I see you use the regular release. I suggest trying the latest GSX Public Beta, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12182.0.html

alex007

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:48:48 pm »
I was on vacations so didn't fly after July 08.
I will try beta version and report back.

Thank you.

Alex

alex007

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 12:42:45 am »
Didn't even need to check new beta version as my current works 100%.
I just reinstalled KIAH and KLAX. Also changed mesh from 1m to 2m as I had artifacts on the bridges taxiways in KIAH.
And everything works smooth.

Thank you guys for the great products!

Alex