Author Topic: Assigning ground handler company to airport  (Read 6950 times)

p3dx3

Assigning ground handler company to airport
« on: August 02, 2015, 05:42:22 pm »
I read through the manual and cannot find anything. I want to assign a ground handling company, United, to a specific airport. Is that possible?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Assigning ground handler company to airport
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:42:22 am »
If you want to *change* the what GSX by default assign to a parking spot, this is explained in the PaintKit documentation. Even if you don't want to repaint, the documentation should be read to understand how the operator assignment logic works.

If, instead, you only want to *select* an operator amongst all the valid candidates GSX has assigned to an airport, you can do this with the latest Couatl 3 Public Beta or the latest GSX Public Beta, available in the "GSX Backdoor" forum, because there's a new selection menu that will allow you to do that.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 11:50:46 am »
If you want to *change* the what GSX by default assign to a parking spot, this is explained in the PaintKit documentation. Even if you don't want to repaint, the documentation should be read to understand how the operator assignment logic works.

If, instead, you only want to *select* an operator amongst all the valid candidates GSX has assigned to an airport, you can do this with the latest Couatl 3 Public Beta or the latest GSX Public Beta, available in the "GSX Backdoor" forum, because there's a new selection menu that will allow you to do that.

I have UAL in my aircraft config file. The problem is the airport PGUM is not listed as a United hub, so there is no option to select Untied as a ground handler.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 09:39:42 pm »
I have UAL in my aircraft config file. The problem is the airport PGUM is not listed as a United hub, so there is no option to select Untied as a ground handler.

Then your case is the first part of the sentence: use the Paintkit documentation to understand how the scoring system works, and make the changes yourself.

We'll keep the suggestion to add PGUM as an United airport in the next upgrade, because it's way easier for us to do (although you *can* do it with the documentation supplied in the PaintKit )

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 05:46:01 am »

Then your case is the first part of the sentence: use the Paintkit documentation to understand how the scoring system works, and make the changes yourself.

We'll keep the suggestion to add PGUM as an United airport in the next upgrade, because it's way easier for us to do (although you *can* do it with the documentation supplied in the PaintKit )

That's what I was missing. I was looking only at the regular manual. Now I get it.

I suggest since UA serves the entire Pacific, instead of just PGUM do something like PG PT PK PH
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:56:53 am by 413x3 »

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 06:19:49 am »
And can you change the code for UAE to Dnata as that is the ground handler

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:38 am »
Both suggestions added in the current version. You must download one of the vehicle updates (or the latest full GSX installer) to get it.

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 10:13:41 am »
Both suggestions added in the current version. You must download one of the vehicle updates (or the latest full GSX installer) to get it.

Thank you.

If possible I suggest to change the UAL code to P not PG. Because of all the smaller pacific islands that United serve.

And the airline code lines all have UAL listed twice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 03:04:00 pm »

Please clarify what do you mean here.

p3dx3

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 07:06:23 am »

in all the vehicle cfg files, go to the UA section, and under codes you see UAL listed twice.

I am not at my sim computer but it says something like UAL,UALX,UAL

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 01:03:22 am »

All the vehicles are the same as this

[fltsim.149]
title=FSDT_Baggage_Loader_UA
model=01
texture=UA
couatl.icaoprefixes=K KDEN KLAX KORD KSFO KIAD KTPA KOMA KLAS KEWR KJFK PG
couatl.atc_parking_codes=UAL,UALX,UAL,UAC,BLR,UEJ

UAL listed twice, is there a reason for that? Can it cause problems?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 09:05:32 am »
UAL listed twice, is there a reason for that? Can it cause problems?

Not really. Do you have problems ?