Author Topic: Issue with KLAX and PMDG aircraft ** SOLVED Installed couatl 3 **  (Read 4305 times)

detheridge02

I recently purchased KLAX and KJFK and installed KLAX last night into FSX:SE. I haven't had a chance to try JFK yet.
The Addon and Coati menu items are present as is GSX which I have had installed for some time which works great.

When FSX loads with the PMDG 737 NGX the buildings are missing as are the ground textures. gates, other aircraft and ground vehicles are present.

If I load at the same gate in the Ultralight buildings are present.
If I try a flight from FSiPanel the buildings are missing.

I have set BitDefender to ignore my entire FSX directory after initial problems with GSX. I have FSX gold installed alongside FSX:SE.
Hardware wise: i7 4770k, 16GB, 2xGTX780 in SLI. Graphics settings are via nVidia inspector.

Thanks for any help, from what I see in the ultralight the scenery looks awesome
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:18:51 pm by detheridge02 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issue with KLAX and PMDG aircraft
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 06:31:12 pm »
When FSX loads with the PMDG 737 NGX the buildings are missing as are the ground textures. gates, other aircraft and ground vehicles are present.

If I load at the same gate in the Ultralight buildings are present.
If I try a flight from FSiPanel the buildings are missing.

From this description, it seems that, because of the other memory-hungry products you installed, you have (or a very close to) exhausted the RAM available that FSX can use. FSX, as a 32 bit app, cannot ever use more than 4GB of RAM, regardless of how much total RAM you have.

In fact, the 4GB is not entirely usable, the real limit is around 3.7GB and this is much lower if you use DirectX9, because under DX9, video drivers will have to keep a copy of the allocated video card ram so, the more powerful your video card is (allowing to load more textures), the more RAM will "steal" from your system.

The things that will save you memory are:

- Using a less memory-hungry airplane

- Lower your settings, especially the ones related to terrain range

- Don't use HD textures

- Use DX10

Or, a combination of all the above.

This solution is based on your report. You say you have both Addon Manager and the Couatl menu, which means our software is installed correctly. Assuming you still have both menus even when running the PMDG and the other products, the memory exhaustion problem seem the most likely cause.

detheridge02

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that isn't the issue. VAS is sat quite happily at 1.7GB free. I've turned down scenery settings, closed down everything else that is running and still no joy.
Scenery level is topped out (in case the buildings were on a complexity level.

I'll try installing couatl 3 beta.

detheridge02

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 08:15:50 pm »
Installing couatl 3 beta fixed the problem. Now I can see KLAX in all it's glory :)

Thanks and keep up the good work

pilot3033

Re: Issue with KLAX and PMDG aircraft ** SOLVED Installed couatl 3 **
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:31:29 am »
I noticed this sometimes with KLAX, PMDG aircraft (particularly the NGX), and P3D. I figured it was just something didn't load all the way (since PMDG, P3D, and LAX are all trying to load at the same time), since LAX looks like it does when the demo time runs out. Restarting Couatl from the add-on menu resolves it.