Author Topic: GSX not installed properly (add-on menu is not showing)  (Read 3389 times)

RHJ

GSX not installed properly (add-on menu is not showing)
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:38:39 pm »
Good afternoon everyone,

I've tried downloading and installing the latest release of GSX multiple times with my antivirus turned off and the main FSX folder excluded from being scanned but still I am not getting the add-on menu displaying in FSX. If anybody has had this problem before. Could you please tell me how you were able to solve it?

If you require any additional information I would be happy to provide it to you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not installed properly (add-on menu is not showing)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 04:06:06 pm »
It's not very clear from your message if, with "latest release of GSX", you mean the recently-released Public Beta, discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12182.0.html

Or the latest non-Beta version. If you haven't installed the latest Public Beta version, I suggest to try it first, because it contains tons of bugfixes, and nobody is updating or working on the old version anymore.

It will be made official in the next days, and the old version will not be available anymore so, it's entirely safe to use it.

RHJ

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 04:22:55 pm »
Thank you for your quick response. I have just tried installing the latest version of GSX but unfortunately it has not solved the problem. There is still no add-on menu and FSX does not prompt me to enable any additional DLL files when I start the program.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 04:36:59 pm »
Thank you for your quick response. I have just tried installing the latest version of GSX but unfortunately it has not solved the problem. There is still no add-on menu and FSX does not prompt me to enable any additional DLL files when I start the program.

It's not clear from your message, if with "still no add-on" menu, you mean:

- You are missing the FSDT "Addon Manager" menu which is supposed to be located under the default FSX "Addons" menu

OR

- You are missing the whole FSX "Addons" menu.

This thread here indicates all known causes for the missing menus, which might help in both cases:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872

RHJ

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:51:28 pm »
Thank you for all of your help. Step 4 worked perfectly for me and your product is working fine now. On my system.

Have a great day. Best regards, Robert Henry