Author Topic: bad dll file?  (Read 6270 times)

AFavors

bad dll file?
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:14:18 pm »
Hello all, I am getting a error message about a bad BGLMANX .dll file. I tried to delete the file and let it build a new one, which it did(I thought). But I'm still getting the same message upon fsx startup. If I choose to not run the program, none of my fsdt products work including gsx. Initially I thought the problem was DFW, because when I tried to load a saved flight (that I'd just flown the night before) all of the buildings were missing, all I had were the jetways. I uninstalled DFW and went to reinstall it, but unfortunately I don't have my original installer. I have a new email address now and I don't have access to all of my old accounts yet. Please help!!!
i7-2600 Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
 Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
 High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 FSX SP2 (no Acceleration)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bad dll file?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 05:32:12 pm »
That message from FSX is totally bogus, it's a generic panic message that FSX, for any reason, wasn't able to run a module. Usually the cause is missing/corrupted system libraries on your Windows installation, or a conflict caused by another addon module, which use a different version of such libraries. Or, sometimes, it's just Windows acting up.

- Always ALLOW the module to run, EVEN IF FSX CRASHES

- Try a couple of times

- Try after a Windows reboot.

- Be sure you turn off ALL compatibility modes for FSX.EXE and, eventually, try running FSX as Administrator instead, but with every compatibility option turned off.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:34:13 pm by virtuali »

AFavors

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 10:44:04 pm »
I've been trying that all day, and the same result. If I run it, fsx just keeps restarting. If I don't, nothing works.

I'll try a full system reboot and see if that helps, and I'll get back with you. However, I'll still have my other problem of retrieving my serial# to unlock KDFW. I'm going to have to reinstall that completely, due to the fact that I deleted it.

I always run fsx as administrator, and there shouldn't be anything compatibility options turned on, because I've never had the need for them.
I'll get right back to you after I try to reboot the whole system, and again thanks for your help

Aaron

AFavors

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 05:23:47 am »
Okay, no joy on the multiple tries. Always same result. After the error warning, I select run anyway, and a fatal error occurs and fsx restarts initiating a continuous loop.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 10:21:04 pm »
After the error warning, I select run anyway, and a fatal error occurs and fsx restarts initiating a continuous loop.

What other 3rd party modules have you installed ?

AFavors

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 02:32:13 pm »
Sorry for the long delay! I've been away from home quite a bit recently... But I hadn't installed any modules recently, or at least none that I can think of. Other than a couple of acars programs and GSX, I don't use anything(aside from sceneries that is). All of which haven't been modified (and until the issues arose) were working perfectly with each other.
I've re-downloaded DFW and am currently awaiting response from esellerate to change my email address. I don't have access to the old one anymore thus can't just receive my old order numbers. Once I hear from them, I'll let you know whether the problem is resolved or not.

Thanks again,
Aaron

AFavors

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 04:06:44 pm »
Okay,

everything is now re-installed and active in the add-on manager. I had to manually start COAUTL, but all seems to be fine. I'm restarting fsx now to see if the couatl file starts automatically as it should, but first I'll make sure the process is stopped in the task manager... and it doesn't!! Once I manually start it though, all the buildings pop up. So now, I guess, my only problem is that I have to manually start couatl. Is there anything I can do to remedy that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 08:59:46 pm »
So now, I guess, my only problem is that I have to manually start couatl. Is there anything I can do to remedy that?

Your problem seems more like that Couatl is not stopped automatically when you exit from FSX. Have you tried the Couatl 3 Public Beta here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

It's the one we are currently working on, so we would be interested to know if this issue has been fixed, because the Beta has countless of bugfixes in it.

AFavors

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 01:23:45 pm »
No, I have not. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. Once again, Thanks for all the help!

AFavors

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 01:36:45 pm »
I don't know if this belongs here or not? But... I've noticed an unusual, or shall I say, (new to me at least) error warning stating "error when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now! I got this warning when installing the beta version, and also when re-installing DFW the other day. How can I fix this?

AFavors

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 03:54:12 pm »
Update: I don't think its going to work for me. I installed it and now the couatl tab is gone from the add-on menu in fsx. It shows that its running in the task manager but not fsx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 05:12:48 pm »
I don't know if this belongs here or not? But... I've noticed an unusual, or shall I say, (new to me at least) error warning stating "error when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now! I got this warning when installing the beta version, and also when re-installing DFW the other day. How can I fix this?

No, it doesn't belong to this thread at all. This thread was a about the FSX error message about a problem with bglmanx.dll.

Please open a separate thread about your problem, which is entirely different, and it's not even an error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 05:14:42 pm »
Update: I don't think its going to work for me. I installed it and now the couatl tab is gone from the add-on menu in fsx. It shows that its running in the task manager but not fsx.

This thread was a about the FSX error message about a problem with bglmanx.dll. This problem doesn't have anything to do with it, it probably means the program was still running because you haven't closed FSX cleanly.

Kill Couatl.exe from the Task Manager and try again. Don't post here, because this thread doesn't have anything to do with this, unless you still get the error which was the subject of this thread.