Author Topic: P3D 2.5 is crashing after KFLL install last night  (Read 6607 times)

Dimon

P3D 2.5 is crashing after KFLL install last night
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:32:50 am »
I have been running P3D2.5 successfully for last 3 months until last night after I installed KFLL into P3D 2.5

Here is what I exactly did

1. Turned off Norton Antivirus completely
2. Downloaded the installer.
3. Run the Installer as usual.
4. Load the Scenery and got the following 2 CTDs without showing the specific module that created cTD.

Error #1

Prepar3D.exe
   555f2e54
   unknown
   c0000005
   ffb200a7
   156c
   01d0b9e3df6c042f
   D:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe
   unknown
   1e1a57fd-25d8-11e5-b881-c86000a19f45

Error #2

Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address FFB200A7

I was able to recreate this error 8 times out of 8 attempts and every time I had been receiving the same two errors within 2-3 minutes of running the simulator with 4 different scenery products - FSDT, FB and T2G

Some info about my software

1. I have recent P3D 2.5 fix installed.

2. I have MS NET Framework 4.5.2 installed

3. I have all three MS Simconnects intalled,

4. I have MS Visual C++ 2013 Redist both x64 and x86 intalled.

Need help desperately.

Thank you in advance

Dmitriy
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

Dimon

Re: P3D 2.5 is crashing after KFLL install last night
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:50:16 am »
Here is my dll.exe. I'm not sure if Estonia Migration Tool should be there, but perhaps I'm wrong

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Migration Tool Plugin</Name>
    <Path>MigTool.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <Path>D:\P3D\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>SDK\Environment SDK\Traffic Toolbox SDK\TrafficToolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
    <Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:59:55 am »
I was able to recreate this error 8 times out of 8 attempts and every time I had been receiving the same two errors within 2-3 minutes of running the simulator with 4 different scenery products - FSDT, FB and T2G

Fact it appears on different sceneries, clearly indicate the problem doesn't have anything to do with the sceneries, but another addon that have problems there, for other reasons.

Are you getting the same error discussed here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12153.msg92449.html#msg92449

As already explained in that thread, none of our software use .NET, so any .NET message you might see, is not caused by any of our software. Fact you have the same issue at other non-FSDT sceneries, only confirm this.

Of course, before replying to both of you, I reinstalled KFLL into P3D (just to be sure), and I cannot see any crashes, both when running KFLL, or when using it together with GSX.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:01:32 am by virtuali »

Dimon

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 01:22:59 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks for the response.

I can't say anything right now as I will be doing more tests later this afternoon. Meanwhile, as a simmer with almost 14 years of experience I have been dealing with whole bunch of CTDs and other crashes and I developed a pattern to keep my sim clean, free of CTD by simply reading manuals and other helpful readings. As I mentioned this CTD has not happen until I installed KFLL last night. When I reinstalled it the problem did not go away while ruined the entire sim experience. The other user (Rob is a LM beta tester) noticed EXACTLY the same experience.

I think it's time for FSDT to put professional ignorance away and look what your KFLL installer has inside. Perhaps it's broken software or virus or something else. We all make mistakes and there are no hard feelings if something is broken on your side of yard.  The fact (yes, rather the fact than assumption) is that KFLL installer (not scenery itself, but it's installer) became a culprit of the problems.

Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 01:50:19 pm »
I'm sorry, but the fact it happened to you after installing KFLL, doesn't mean anything.

Fact that it happens to Rob too, might simply indicate you both have installed the same other addon that, for some reason, is having a problem when you go to KFLL.

Assuming that, because you noticed a problem only after installing something, it's just an assumption, not a fact.

As I've said, BEFORE replying to both of you, I took the time to install KFLL into P3D, and of course, no crashes of any kind. In addition to that, as you can easily check from the installer file date (it's digitally signed too, so the date is certified), the KFLL installer hasn't been updated since February. Don't you think that, if the problem was really the KFLL installer, someone must have noticed it by now ?

- You are having a .NET error message. NONE of our modules or installers has any relationship with .NET in any way. But you questioned this on Avsim:

You say that non of your modules use NET, but why each of your packages has MS C++ 2013 installer embedded

As if you didn't believe my statement.

So I had to explain to you that installing the VC++ 2013 runtimes doesn't mean the software uses, requires or is affected by .NET.

So, I'll repeat it and confirm it another time: if you are seeing an error in the .NET framework, it's NOT coming from any of our software.

And, the VC++ 2013 runtime installation failed in some way, NO FSDT modules will even start. If they are starting, it means there's nothing wrong with your VC++ 2013 runtimes installation so, the problem is happening entirely under the .NET domain, which is not related to any of our modules.

- You said you ALSO have a crash at a Taxi2Gate airport. They don't have anything to do with our modules too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »
Now, please, make up your mind, and decide if you want to continue this discussion here, or on Avsim. It doesn't make any sense to cross-post across two different forums.

Dimon

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 02:09:28 pm »
T2G as well another sceneries uses GSX that in turn uses your modules. I'll report later today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:16:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 02:09:35 pm »
I must add that, I just ended a Teamviewer session with another user, that had random crashes with FSX, and he also used Norton. Even if he disabled the whole FSX folder from scanning and turned off the real time protection when installing, when we went through the Norton activity LOG, it show that it STILL tried to block our bglmanx.dll module, because it mistakenly identified it as a threat.

We were able to fix his crashes, by manually copying the files, the same one that were downloaded by the installer so, it's possible that Norton still tried to do something while the files where running, even if explicitly excluded from scanning (yes, I checked myself, they were both excluded during manual scanning AND for real-time protection)

Note that, he had a different kind of crash, the stackhash_0a9e, it was random, it was FSX, and it happened on every airport, more frequently when exiting the sim. So, it wasn't the same as your case, the sim was different and there was no .NET message, but it might be something worth trying.

If you want to test it like this, these are the direct download links for the file downloaded by the installer:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx.dll
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_fsdt.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_aerosoft.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_fbeam.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_qwings.dat

Download them all, and place them in the P3D root folder. Be sure you overwrite all of them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 02:16:40 pm »
T2G as well another sceneries uses GSX that in turn uses your modules.

T2G doesn't use or call GSX. You use GSX.

Unless you call GSX with its hotkey, the scenery is not having any interaction with it. According to your report, it doesn't look like you are experiencing a crash as soon as you select GSX to do something, but as soon as the scenery ended up loading, and GSX it's not doing anything at that time.

And, of course, if the problem happened in GSX, you would see only a Couatl quit/crash/error, but Couatl, by definition, cannot possibly crash the sim by itself, since it's running as an external .exe, so it doesn't have any direct access to the sim.

Dimon

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 05:19:46 pm »
I must add that, I just ended a Teamviewer session with another user, that had random crashes with FSX, and he also used Norton. Even if he disabled the whole FSX folder from scanning and turned off the real time protection when installing, when we went through the Norton activity LOG, it show that it STILL tried to block our bglmanx.dll module, because it mistakenly identified it as a threat.

We were able to fix his crashes, by manually copying the files, the same one that were downloaded by the installer so, it's possible that Norton still tried to do something while the files where running, even if explicitly excluded from scanning (yes, I checked myself, they were both excluded during manual scanning AND for real-time protection)

Note that, he had a different kind of crash, the stackhash_0a9e, it was random, it was FSX, and it happened on every airport, more frequently when exiting the sim. So, it wasn't the same as your case, the sim was different and there was no .NET message, but it might be something worth trying.

If you want to test it like this, these are the direct download links for the file downloaded by the installer:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx.dll
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_fsdt.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_aerosoft.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_fbeam.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_qwings.dat

Download them all, and place them in the P3D root folder. Be sure you overwrite all of them.

Umberto,

My crashed after FLL install were very agressive, i.e. after 3-5 minutes after P3D run on EACH occasion, like it has never happened before. Also, not only I excluded P3D folder from scanning, I also disable NAV completely on each P3D routine run. Thus, I highly doubt that it's here to blame.

I

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 09:59:12 pm »
My crashed after FLL install were very agressive, i.e. after 3-5 minutes after P3D run on EACH occasion, like it has never happened before. Also, not only I excluded P3D folder from scanning, I also disable NAV completely on each P3D routine run. Thus, I highly doubt that it's here to blame.

You haven't said if you TRIED what I asked to do. In the meantime, Rob found the error goes away on his system if he DISABLES AI:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12153.msg92482.html#msg92482

Which further confirm the scenery or any of our software doesn't have anything to do with this.

It's either some kind of AI traffic tool that runs with .NET, or it's a missing/corrupted AI texture, for an AI that only appears if FSDT KFLL is installed, because due to the different AFCAD assignments, the one with the problem doesn't appear on the default scenery.

A crash after 3-5 minutes is perfectly compatible with a problem with an AI, because it takes some minutes for FSX to generate all the traffic in the "reality bubble" around (about 100 NM) an airport.