Author Topic: Urgent: Localizers On Wrong Ends Of Runways --NOT The Offset Issue  (Read 6586 times)

HamSammich

Umberto:

And just to prepend-- this is NOT in reference to the 4L/22R offset non-issue. It's offset IRL.

this has to do with 4R, 31R and 13L approaches. It is simple, but baffling as to how it happened on your end. After several flights, in several planes, using stock P3D scenery and yours, here's what's happening:

IRL, 13L and 31R share a localizer frequency, 111.5. Likewise, 4R and 22R share 109.5.

13L's identifier, which I picked up on the morse and compared with the plate, is I-TLK. 31R's is I-RTH.

For the 4R/22R frequency pair, it's I-JFK and I-JOC, respectively.

What is happening is that when approaching any of those runways, ***FROM THE PROPER SECTOR AND DISTANCE**, the Nav radio, picks up the localizer on the WRONG END of the runway. So the symptoms on 31R/13L appear to be akin to being on the back course-- i.e., the CDI needle moves in the wrong direction. For the 4R or 22R, it's even worse--reversed CDI and offset, because the two runways are parallel.

It's as if each localizer has been place on the opposite end of each respective runway: 13L's I-TLK on the end of 31R and 31R's I-RTH on the end of 13L.

A look inside your BGL confirms this. The localizers ARE placed on the polar opposite ends from where they ought to be.

And, again, this is NOT dependent on a type of airplane, and does NOT happen with the standard scenery. (Yours, BTW, looks magnificent)

Could you please look into this and patch it? As it stands, one can now only do proper ILS approaches to runways that do not have this problem, namely 31L and 22L--only one of which, 22L is widely used for such purposes, and rarely without coincident approaches using 22R.

Hope this helps and I suspect it's a very simple fix. Please advise.

Regards,

Marshall
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:24:00 am by HamSammich »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Urgent: Localizers On Wrong Ends Of Runways --NOT The Offset Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:15:20 am »
A look inside your BGL confirms this. The localizers ARE placed on the polar opposite ends from where they ought to be.

I don't know which .BGL you checked, but I can only confirm our AFCAD is CORRECT. The ILS for 13L ( I-TLK ) is on the opposite end of 13L with a south-east heading, and the ILS for 31R ( I-RTH ) is on the opposite end of 31R with a north-west heading.

And, again, this is NOT dependent on a type of airplane, and does NOT happen with the standard scenery.

This is how is supposed to be in real life, this is how is in our AFCAD, this is how is in the default scenery too.

See the below image from AFX, comparing FSDT JFK and default JFK ILSs. They are identical and both are correct in frequency, identifier, location and heading, there's just a *very* slight difference in positioning (a few centimeters) to make up for the different background image.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:18:42 am by virtuali »

HamSammich

Re: Urgent: Localizers On Wrong Ends Of Runways --NOT The Offset Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 07:25:25 pm »
Umberto:

That is weird. Diametrically opposite of what I see in mine. Thanks for checking. Will reinstall P3D from bare metal; then install yours, check it, and add other bits to see what's breaking/modifying/superseding it.