Author Topic: FSDT & Prepar3d V3.4 - Scenery loadup problems  (Read 5037 times)

Raphael

FSDT & Prepar3d V3.4 - Scenery loadup problems
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:07:16 am »
Hello,

Are your products compatible with P3D V3.4 already?    

I installed all my airports but none of them is visible in the sim, not even in the scenery list.   I even try to add them through the sim Scenery Library, but i just cant, i click ok to add them after browing the P3D Folder, and after clicking ok, nothing happens, they are not added either.  I checket the scenery.cfg and i dont see any of them...   i dont understand why cant i add them, or why werent they added automatically during instalation.

Thanks in advance for support
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:59:37 am by Raphael »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT & Prepar3d V3.4
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 09:35:02 am »
Are your products compatible with P3D V3.4 already?

Yes, but you must be sure you use the current version of the Addon Manager (which is downloaded automatically by the installers, so you can be reasonably sure you have, unless something interfered with the download) and you must use a version of the installer that supports at least P3D V3.

I even try to add them through the sim Scenery Library, but i just cant, i click ok to add them after browing the P3D Folder, and after clicking ok, nothing happens, they are not added either. 

This seems to indicate your problem doesn't have anything to do with the FSDT sceneries, and it seems to indicates that P3D cannot add a scenery area manually.

Are you able to add another scenery manually ?

Raphael

Re: FSDT & Prepar3d V3.4
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 01:32:36 am »
Yes, but you must be sure you use the current version of the Addon Manager (which is downloaded automatically by the installers, so you can be reasonably sure you have, unless something interfered with the download) and you must use a version of the installer that supports at least P3D V3.

i had the installers for P3DV3, so i did not download them all again, i just went through the normal instalation process and seemed to be ok....  I did not download the addon manager again neither, i just went ahead....

As far as i understand i should not re-download each file, but the addon manager.     So im going to download the addon manager, install it and see what happen...

Raphael

Re: FSDT & Prepar3d V3.4 - Scenery loadup problems
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 04:03:51 am »
Ok, solved.... ;)

Wise... Thanks....

If i would give advice:   If upgrading to V3.4 first download install addon manager and then install your FSDT products.

For the adding issues to the library, i also had the "Scenery 's remote directory is invalid" message, so i checked the scenery.cfg in program data/LM/sceneri.cfg and reviewed each addon line.  Found error and corrected.   After that, everything back to normal.

I think its something to do with ORBX products....   something happened... dont know,   updating.... or using migration.     There is something not really updated to manage V3.4 that caused the problem.    Be very carefull when installing sceneries to V3.4.

Thanks for support
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:08:28 am by Raphael »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 10:40:42 am »
If i would give advice:   If upgrading to V3.4 first download install addon manager and then install your FSDT products.

Doesn't make any difference. As I've said, all installers downloads the latest Addon Manager when they are being run so, the only reason to use the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, is when you simply need to updated it in order to support the latest P3D build WITHOUT reinstalling the sceneries. But, since you decided to reinstall the sceneries anyway, it's redundant.

Raphael

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »
Thanks for your comment.   

I got to tell you that downloading and installing the Addon Manager(Lastest) did not worked here....   but,   doing it and reinstalling sceneries did work....

Regards, and thanks again....  8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 10:48:10 am »
I got to tell you that downloading and installing the Addon Manager(Lastest) did not worked here....   but,   doing it and reinstalling sceneries did work....

That's not what I'e said. I said there was NO need to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager too, as you said:

If upgrading to V3.4 first download install addon manager and then install your FSDT products.

That doesn't mean there wasn't any need to reinstall the sceneries.

In fact, you HAD to reinstall the sceneries, because you had a problem of a corrupted scenery.cfg file, and neither the Addon Manager or the scenery installers could fix that problem, it was you that fixed it which allowed to reinstall the sceneries correctly, but once your scenery.cfg corruption was fixed, you HAD to reinstall the sceneries.

It was the "download install addon manager" part which was redundant, and it's what I've said:

since you decided to reinstall the sceneries anyway, it's redundant.

I'll try to clarify it again:

NORMALLY, if everything's right, it's should be ENOUGH to install just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, when updating to support a new P3D version, assuming you are only upgrading P3D, not reinstalling it from scratch.

But your situation wasn't "normal". You had a corrupted scenery.cfg, which prevented any scenery installer to complete correctly, and even the P3D own user interface to add new sceneries manually.

THAT'S why, in THIS "abormal" case, you HAD to reinstall the sceneries, and there wasn't any need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as well, because all the sceneries installers comes with it.

That step was redundant if, for any reason (the reason, in this case, was the corrupted scenery.cfg file), you must reinstall the sceneries.