Author Topic: No Pushback Action when Activated **SOLVED**  (Read 7139 times)

MattKeane17

No Pushback Action when Activated **SOLVED**
« on: June 28, 2015, 05:01:39 am »
Hello,
Some times when I use GSX, when I choose to request push back clearance, all of the vehicles will appear, but it wont give me the option to choose a direction. I made sure to check that the parking space is big enough and that the push back drop down menu was set to "both". I used to be able to fix this problem by selecting "restart coutal", but now that option causes coutal to crash which results in me not being able to use any addon requiring coutal. I used the latest installer, downloaded/installed with my antivirus off and as admin multiple times. Hope you can help!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:41:33 am by virtuali »

welchb21

Re: No Pushback Action when Activated
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 04:05:32 pm »
I too have this exact same problem all services work correctly but when I select request Push back it doesnt give the option to choose which direction to go and also once all other services complete and even though I select Request push back, it says Push back requested but never initiates. I have noticed however that when I do the pushback myself release brakes it does say set parking breaks immediately and if I do the flight im on land and start loading the aircraft again at the destination airport and then request pushback from the destination airport it actually will then give me the option to choose direction and works like it should. So any help with this  would be appreciated, very strange thing indeed.

Regards
Welchb21

tkemp66

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 07:19:18 pm »
Same here! It has been going on for months. I reported it and was asked to verify which airports the problem occurs. As far as I know it happens randomly at various airports by various developers including FSDT. The only other workaround is to select "RESET" in which case when pushback is selected it will then work. Unfortunately I'm happy to see that I am not the only one left with this issue....

Troy
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 11:36:44 am »
Please try to install the latest Couatl 3 Public Beta, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

And report if the problems is still happening. We are very close to exit from Beta status and make it official, so it's no use reporting issues with the old version now, since it's not longer being maintained.

MattKeane17

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 07:28:13 am »
Unfortunately this version doesn't solve my problem, and also it gives me a new one. When I installed the new version of coutal, I  got an error on startup saying "Service pack 1 or 2 or acceleration required to run this program" and then none of my FSDT addons work inside the sim (The addon manager doesnt show up under the addons drop down menu either).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 03:02:41 pm »
Unfortunately this version doesn't solve my problem, and also it gives me a new one.

You cannot say that it doesn't solve your problem because, according to your report below, is not even starting, due to a problem with your FSX.EXE version.

When I installed the new version of coutal, I  got an error on startup saying "Service pack 1 or 2 or acceleration required to run this program" and then none of my FSDT addons work inside the sim (The addon manager doesnt show up under the addons drop down menu either).

This problem cannot be caused by installing the latest Addon Manager, and nobody ever reported it before anyway.

It's not clear from this message, if you got this error while installing (so the error came from the installer) or you got this error when running the sim.

If you got this message when running the sim, that seems to be a problem caused by an issue with your FSX.EXE version not being right, or your registry keys pointing to the wrong FSX installation.

I see in your other post that you use FSX Steam. Have you removed FSX after installing FSX Steam without reinstalling FSX Steam ? It seems your registry keys for FSX Steam are not correct.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:04:54 pm by virtuali »

harmach

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 10:50:18 pm »
Did you try to reconfigure "freeze" CLTR+ALT+P with other combination?

MattKeane17

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 01:40:32 am »
I have reinstalled FSX Steam, and the addon manager works (Im using coutal 3), but im still having a problem where in the installation for the addon manager and GSX, it gives me multiple errors saying it couldnt copy files files from my temp folder into the main FSX directory. Referring to my previous posts, GSX doesnt work inside the sim (doesnt show up under addons) and KLAX is still missing textures/buildings and the runway/taxiway textures are very blurry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 11:39:15 am »
in the installation for the addon manager and GSX, it gives me multiple errors saying it couldnt copy files files from my temp folder into the main FSX directory.

That seem to be a problem caused by either:

- Your antivirus mistakenly blocking the installation. As explained many times already, if the antivirus is defective and it mistakenly blocks the installation, it must be disabled while installing.

OR

- You trying to install with FSX still running, or too quickly after closing it, without allowing enough time for FSX to release all open files. Installing after a Windows restart should fix this.

Referring to my previous posts, GSX doesnt work inside the sim (doesnt show up under addons) and KLAX is still missing textures/buildings

It's normal that nothing will work if you fail to complete the installation properly

and the runway/taxiway textures are very blurry.

This doesn't have anything to do with GSX or the scenery, and it's a result of your video card setting not being set correctly, already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10205.msg79655.html#msg79655
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10329.msg80552.html#msg80552
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,1487.msg11694.html#msg11694

MattKeane17

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 09:29:12 am »
I have tried what all 3 posts have suggested, which is making sure that HD textures are enabled, and I turned my anisotropic filtering to x16, but my problem still persists (also none of them mention missing terminals and buildings). Also I tried completely disabling my anti virus to solve the problem where it wouldnt copy the files, which worked for GSX, but not for the new version of the addon manager (coutal 3 i think its called).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 10:36:20 am »
I have tried what all 3 posts have suggested, which is making sure that HD textures are enabled, and I turned my anisotropic filtering to x16, but my problem still persists (also none of them mention missing terminals and buildings).

None of the mention missing terminals buildings, because they are a DIFFERENT issue.

BLURRED textures, which is ONE thing you are reporting, are caused by video settings, which is why (since you reported this), I referred to those threads.

If, in ADDITION to blurred textures, you ALSO have "missing buildings", then you have two problems at the same time. Missing buildings, instead, are caused by the software not running.

Also I tried completely disabling my anti virus to solve the problem where it wouldnt copy the files, which worked for GSX, but not for the new version of the addon manager (coutal 3 i think its called).

So, your problem is really "missing buildings", which brings back again to my previous reply, which was based on the rest of your report:

in the installation for the addon manager and GSX, it gives me multiple errors saying it couldnt copy files files from my temp folder into the main FSX directory.

Are you STILL getting errors ? There's no way the software will ever run, if the installation doesn't complete. So, please, if you are STILL getting errors while installing, clearly indicate them.

MattKeane17

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 08:32:55 am »
Sorry for the misunderstanding, here is exactly what is happening right now. All of the installations work fine, EXCEPT for the coutal 3 addon manager. This installer is the only one that is still giving me the errors about not being able to copy files into my main FSX directory, even though I made sure FSX wasnt running (restarted windows) and I made sure to completely deactivate my antivirus when I installed the coutal 3 addon manager. Now despite having normal installations for GSX and LAX v2, GSX doesn't show up under addons and doesn't work, and I still have missing buildings and terminals. I have also noticed that I wast specific enough when describing what was going on with the runways. Instead of it just being blurry, I noticed that the general outline of the runway is there, but all of the details like runway marks and taxi lines are gone. One more thing is that I tried installing my old version of the addon manager, which with the things I did before installing the new one, it gave me no errors when installing it, and it showed up under addons inside the sim. Even though this version of the addon manager does work, it doesnt change any of my other problems with missing/blurry textures. Again, sorry for not being more clear from the beginning.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 10:29:37 am »
This installer is the only one that is still giving me the errors about not being able to copy files into my main FSX directory, even though I made sure FSX wasnt running (restarted windows) and I made sure to completely deactivate my antivirus when I installed the coutal 3 addon manager.

I'm sorry, but you must be more precise. Which errors, exactly ? If you are sure you tried after restarting Windows, I cannot see any other reason other than the antivirus blocking the installation of files.

Some users don't know they have two antivirus running together (for example, Windows Defender and a 3rd party one), and if they are both trying to block the installation, they must both be disabled while installing.

it gave me no errors when installing it, and it showed up under addons inside the sim. Even though this version of the addon manager does work, it doesnt change any of my other problems with missing/blurry textures. Again, sorry for not being more clear from the beginning.

Still not very clear. You said the old Addon Manager does show up under the Addons menu, but you don't say anything about missing terminal buildings. You said you are "missing/blurry textures". Are they MISSING or BLURRED ?

Do you have the terminal buildings with the old Addon Manager ? Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl powered products menus under the "Addons" menu ?

MattKeane17

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 08:15:49 am »
You will be happy to know that I have COMPLETELY solved ALL of my problems, including with GSX. Here's what I did:

1) I went to my main FSX directory folder and deleted all of the files towards the bottom of the FSX folder that began with "bglmanx".

2) I ran the installer for the new addon manager and I got no errors whatsoever (meaning the errors i was getting about it not being able to copy files into the main FSX directory folder have been solved).

3) I ran the installer for LAX v2, ran FSX and ALL of my textures for terminals and buildings where there, and the runway looked normal.

Thank you for your help, and hopefully if other people have these problems this will help them!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 10:41:23 am »
1) I went to my main FSX directory folder and deleted all of the files towards the bottom of the FSX folder that began with "bglmanx".

2) I ran the installer for the new addon manager and I got no errors whatsoever (meaning the errors i was getting about it not being able to copy files into the main FSX directory folder have been solved).

This seem to confirm the problem was either:

- The antivirus blocking the installation

OR

- FSX still running or not properly closed

In both cases, they will result in the installer not being able to install the correct version of the file, because the old one was blocked from writing, either by the antivirus, or because FSX was still running.