Author Topic: There is a seam in KIAH, is it normal ?  (Read 2330 times)

Alferra

There is a seam in KIAH, is it normal ?
« on: June 25, 2015, 05:22:06 pm »
The more you admire an airport or scenery, the more you like it and nitpick on little things. So I donĀ“t know if I am seeing ghosts and if in fact it is normal or not.

There is a distinct line when observing the airport from higher that runs across rwys 15L and R into the cargo area, then cuts approximately 90 degrees into terminal B or C and runs all the way out to rwys 9-26.

I have observed this seam up close and there are no height differences only the looks of a very fine ditch, I guess I can post a pic of it but I also think that if this is normal in KIAH because of the design I will get a quick reply with no need for the pic.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the airport two times and the same thing happens. There are not texture issues or different elevation issues only this misterious seam.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: There is a seam in KIAH, is it normal ?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 05:53:22 pm »
Yes, there is a seam, the scenery is made in tiles for performance reasons, and there no way to eliminate those seams entirely. We are trying a different method for KMEM, which will hopefully work better without losing fps.

Alferra

Re: There is a seam in KIAH, is it normal ?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 06:16:49 pm »
Thanks Umberto, you are a genius. I am soon buying KLAX, KIAD, and the new KSFO.