Author Topic: No Buildings Showing up in P3D V 2.5 **SOLVED**  (Read 6511 times)

Psolov

No Buildings Showing up in P3D V 2.5 **SOLVED**
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:14:28 am »
Hello - I am having the issue where I have none of my FSDT airport buildings showing up, just the jetways. I know that the problem is that I have the Addon Manager showing up under the P3D V 2.5 Drop Down menu but NOT the "Couatl powered products" menu under the FSX "Addons" menu. I know that the Couatl Menu is necessary but don't know why I can get it to show up. I have tried turning off anti-virus, reinstalling and everything (as suggested in the previous thread related to this topic). FYI, I have FSX on the same machine and have never had issues installing the FSDT airports or GSX. Can you help me solve this problem? Perhaps although I have done a lot of searching for a solution, I have just not found the right one. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Pete
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:39:56 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I know that the problem is that I have the Addon Manager showing up under the P3D V 2.5 Drop Down menu but NOT the "Couatl powered products" menu under the FSX "Addons" menu.

If you are missing just the Couatl menu, the most common cause it's the antivirus, and it's not enough to just turning it off. The correct procedure is as follows:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch the sim yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourP3DFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourP3DFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch P3D

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

If still not working, check the solution indicated in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10084.msg79077.html#msg79077

Psolov

Hi Umberto - Thanks for your suggestions, I did in fact disable/turn off the real time protection, but I guess there may be a bit more to it. When I get home from work later I will add those lines to the Antivirus (and try the solution in the link you added) and let you know if I have success. One more thing: I currently have half of my FSDT/Flightbeam airports installed (I own all of them), do I need to uninstall and reinstall all of them or just one of them in order to bring back the couatl menu? Thanks for the quick response!

Cheers, Pete
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:04:52 pm by Psolov »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
One more thing: I currently have half of my FSDT/Flightbeam airports installed (I own all of them), do I need to uninstall and reinstall all of them or just one of them in order to bring back the couatl menu?

Just one.

Psolov

Thanks!

Psolov

Still no luck Umberto, any other ideas? It seems the problem is only with P3D as all sceneries work great in FSX and FSX-SE. Thanks again.

Cheers, Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Still no luck Umberto, any other ideas? It seems the problem is only with P3D as all sceneries work great in FSX and FSX-SE. Thanks again.

If the program starts under FSX, it means the problem is not something system-wide (like missing libraries, etc.), but specific to P3D. Are you sure you did this ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10084.msg79077.html#msg79077

Psolov

Hi Umberto - What I did was right click and reinstall the executables in these two folders, and then when I checked in my programs list they showed up as installed. Did I perhaps miss a step?

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Cheers, Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Hi Umberto - What I did was right click and reinstall the executables in these two folders, and then when I checked in my programs list they showed up as installed. Did I perhaps miss a step?

Have you tried restarting Windows ?

Psolov

Don't think I did, that probably would have been a good idea. I will give that a shot tonight.

Cheers, Pete

Psolov

Success! Thanks for your help Umberto, all is well now.

Cheers, Pete