Author Topic: error 25010 during install  (Read 3560 times)

Dallen

error 25010 during install
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:40:00 am »
Purchased JFK2 now that I am moving to FSX but had JFK1 for FS9 in library. Got message to de activate 1 before installing 2 for FSX. I went to de activate 1 prior to installing 2 and got the message "Esellerate error-25010 Activation not found on the server. Any help is really appreciated.

Your products are awesome and after purchasing 4 more last evening (3 of which installed without a hitch) I have all the US airports. Your service is fantastic. Thanks for providing your products and keep them coming!
Dennis Allen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: error 25010 during install
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:05:14 am »
Purchased JFK2 now that I am moving to FSX but had JFK1 for FS9 in library. Got message to de activate 1 before installing 2 for FSX

If you had JFK V1 only in FS9, this cannot happen. The message about uninstalling (NOT Deactivating!!), is coming from the JFK V2 installer, which checks the FSX (not FS9) Scenery Library, to see if you have JFK V1 for FSX installed there, and if you have, it will ask you to remove it.  Remove the JFK V1 scenery from the FSX Scenery Library, the installer doesn't check or care for anything related to FS9.

In fact, it's fairly common for someone still wanting to use FS9, to keep JFK V1 on FS9 (since there's no JFK V2 for it), and used JFK V2 on FSX so, there wasn't any reason for the JFK V2 installer to ask you to remove the JFK V1 scenery from FS9. And in fact, it doesn't.

So, the only possible reason why you have seen a request from the JFK V2 installer to remove the V1 version, is because you ALSO had JFK V1 installed into FSX too.

But this doesn't have anything to do with the activation. It wasn't required to deactivate it, and it wouldn't be a problem if you do it or not. It doesn't make any difference, since the JFK V2 activation is a *separate* one, you have a chance to upgrade to JFK V2 for a reduced price, but that's just a discount that happens on the web site by checking your past orders, is *totally* unrelated to installation or the activation status of the V1 version.

I went to de activate 1 prior to installing 2 and got the message "Esellerate error-25010 Activation not found on the server. Any help is really appreciated.

I had to search for this error, because nobody ever reported here before. However, if this is happening with JFK V1, you can simply ignore it ( perhaps you have a problem with the registry for JFK V1 ) because, as I said:

- You only need to Uninstall JFK V1 FROM FSX, if you have it, using only the Uninstaller found under the "Programs" section of the Windows Control Panel

- Whether JFK V1 is Activated or not, doesn't have any effect on installing and activating JFK V2

Dallen

Re: error 25010 during install
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:06:56 pm »
Thank you. I was trying to uninstall from the addon manager and not the computers control panel. That immediately worked. Thanks again for your help!