Author Topic: GSX Problem P3D v2.5  (Read 12913 times)

b777futurepilot

GSX Problem P3D v2.5
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:59:48 pm »
Hi all, I am having an issue with GSX in P3D v2.5 right now. I have been using GSX for over a month now, in P3D, and I have had no issue except now I virtually cannot use it anymore. When I press Ctrl+12 to bring up the start menu, same process, I pick deboarding etc. The trucks load, everything goes well until, it says this... (whatever is in the picture attached). I am guessing I get this error when usually GSX asks you to open a specific door, I don't know. Anyways, need a little help! Also, I have reinstalled GSX and have updated the addon manager for the latest one.

Also, this may help. I looked at the Couatl in Notepad, and this is the error which is the same for each time I have tried loading GSX

OverflowError: long int too large to convert

(the whole paragraph)

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Mon May 25 12:37:02 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "couatl/common/fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
     File "couatl/GSX/assistanceServices/baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
     File "couatl/common/simObjectMoverIK.py", line 291, in run
     File "couatl/common/simObjectMoverIK.py", line 317, in setObjectData

Every Message (paragraph) is the same disregarding the times accessed. So this is the problem, I guess, but how do ai fix it?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:56:54 am by b777futurepilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Problem P3D v2.5
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:13:28 am »
You have omitted the most important information, which is what airplane you use, and if you made or edited a configuration file for it, or you are using the stock configuration that comes with GSX.

If you use a default airplane or a 3rd party airplane that is supported internally by GSX, try to use the "Reset" option in the Airplane configuration editor in GSX, to restore the configuration that comes with GSX.

If you use an unsupported airplane that you configured yourself, it's likely there's an error in your configuration file so you might use the Reset option anyway, and redo it from scratch. Or, you might want to post your GSX.CFG file for that airplane, so I can have a look at it.

b777futurepilot

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:48:27 am »
I use the PMDG 777 in this case, but I also have the Aerosoft A320, and GSX does not work with that either, but I will post the .cfg files soon!

b777futurepilot

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 01:11:37 pm »
Okay I just reset the configurator, didn't work. But the cfg. files, do you want the ones from the actual airplane I have, or are there cfg. files in a gsx folder?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:21:14 am »
But the cfg. files, do you want the ones from the actual airplane I have, or are there cfg. files in a gsx folder?

Both the Aerosoft A320 and the PMDG 777 are internally supported by GSX so, they are not supposed to have GSX.CFG files in the airplane folder.

If you put them yourself, maybe because you download them from some place, maybe made by some *before* we officially supported these airplanes, they might be the problem.

But, since the airplane folder is supposed to be a place where *developers* place a GSX.CFG file to be distributed with their airplane (we hope developers won't create wrong files...), the Reset option of the Airplane configuration will NOT remove them, on the assumption that, if you made a mistake editing a file and want to reset it, the Reset will not start from scratch, but from a configuration that should work, because is *supposed* to be provided by the airplane developer.

That's why, if you placed a wrong/corrupted/outdated GSX.CFG file in the airplane folder, the Reset option won't fix anything, because is not supposed to remove them, so you must remove them manually.

So, try again and be sure you don't have ANY GSX.CFG file in the airplane folder. Use the "Restart Couatl" option BEFORE trying again, after removing a file.

b777futurepilot

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 08:46:41 pm »
Hi I checked and I do not have any gsx.cfg files and the couatl still says:

b777futurepilot

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 11:56:05 pm »
Also I have already tried uninstalling gsx then installing it again, but it does the same thing, what should I do!!! ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 10:01:37 am »
Also I have already tried uninstalling gsx then installing it again, but it does the same thing, what should I do!!! ???

Please indicate the gate used and the airport used. If the airport is not default, clearly indicate the scenery used and the AFCAD in use. You can check which AFCAD is used, by opening the scenery editing dialog with the "customize this parking position" option in GSX.

b777futurepilot

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 06:39:35 am »
The last gate that I was at was Shanghai Pudong's Gate 116 Heavy

Afcad C:/Program Files (x86)/MyTraffic/Scenery/BR2_ZSPD.BGL

Yes, this was default.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 06:52:13 am »
The last gate that I was at was Shanghai Pudong's Gate 116 Heavy

Afcad C:/Program Files (x86)/MyTraffic/Scenery/BR2_ZSPD.BGL

Yes, this was default.

Could you please try using the default AFCAD ? It should be enough to temporarily rename the .BGL file to something like .BAK (with FSX CLOSED), and try again, being sure GSX is using the default AFCAD.

THis doesn't mean GSX won't work on a modified/3rd party ACAD. It's just to TEST if the problem IS the AFCAD.

b777futurepilot

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 07:44:32 pm »
I tried that and this is what happened. It said something like Error could not find file C:/ProgramFiles (x86)/Mytraffic/Scenery/BR2_ZSPD.BGL, is it ok that the scenery AFCAD is under MyTraffic.

Also, I don't know if this helps but when I landed at Toronto Pearson I thought I would try out GSX again. So I picked gate 181 Heavy, again. All the vehicles loaded, the marshaller even guided me in and told me to cut the engines etc. I pressed the deboarding action, the cargo loaders came up to the cargo doors, and the second that is is SUPPOSED to tell you to open the doors, it gives me that same error, long int too large to convert.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 10:12:39 pm »
I tried that and this is what happened. It said something like Error could not find file C:/ProgramFiles (x86)/Mytraffic/Scenery/BR2_ZSPD.BGL, is it ok that the scenery AFCAD is under MyTraffic.

Assuming you renamed the .BGL when FSX was closed ( if it wasn't, that would surely explain the error ), try to force a complete scenery cache rebuild, by removing the following folders ( with FSX CLOSED!! )

c:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl
c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes

Then try again.

b777futurepilot

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 04:17:53 am »
I'm sorry, same thing happened again with the error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 10:39:20 am »
I'm sorry, same thing happened again with the error.

As I've said in my previous message, you can check which AFCAD is used, by opening the scenery editing dialog with the "customize this parking position" option in GSX.

This to be sure that you removed the 3rd party AFCAD and GSX is in fact using the default one.

Also, you can try to install the latest Couatl 3 Public Beta, here, which has many fixes, and it will also tell you in the airplane configuration editor, which is the data source of the airplane customization.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:40:57 am by virtuali »

b777futurepilot

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 09:53:39 pm »
Ya it is still not working, same issue, I give up now. Thanks for the help! You were very patient!