Author Topic: Previous products installation issues  (Read 2595 times)

xiongyu1988

Previous products installation issues
« on: May 21, 2015, 10:37:29 pm »
Hi all

After being away from FS community for a period, I have now got a new desktop for running P3D platform so I was re-installing all my purchased add-on. But I have got several issues during installing FSDream products which were released in an relative long time ago like Chicago O'Hare, Geneva Cointrin, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood, Las Vegas McCarran and Dallas-Fort Worth. After installing these products, they all required an extra Manual Activation Request process. Unfortunately, it turned out a Fatal Failure notice after finishing this extra processing. I am not sure why it happened or should I buy some updated version instead?

Actually, for recent released products like New York v2 and Vancouver which did not need that Manual Activation and work properly.

Thanks,
Yu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Previous products installation issues
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:44:17 am »
None of our products requires a manual activation. They all activate online automatically. You might have the same problem discussed in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11974.msg91381.html#msg91381

Which might be caused by your ISP having outdated DNS. Not all DNS are updated with the same frequency, and some might take up to 48 hours to get updated information from the original site, in case the destination IP ever changes.

That's why it's usually best to use Google DNS (or Open DNS instead of the one provided by your ISP.