Author Topic: GSX FSX no menu appearing / stopped working  (Read 5587 times)

Cloudrider

GSX FSX no menu appearing / stopped working
« on: May 20, 2015, 04:19:44 pm »
Hi guys.

Sorry to trouble you. I've tried everything and trawled the forums all to no avail so hence my posting.

I purchased GSX back in February and installed no problem on my Win 7 SP1 64Bit FSX X Deluxe SP2 instance, and all was working fine. Until today  :-\ The Addon menus are there and I can get sense out of them but no menu appears when hitting Ctrl+F12.
Now its fair to say that since installation I have purchased and installed a bunch of ORBX FTX products - Trees, Global Base, Global Vector and Open_LC although I had FTX England already installed, so I'm reckoning this may have something to do with it possibly???

However, various attempts at PC restarts, re-install of GSX haven't changed anything so I wondered if you'd be kind to advise if you know of any interop issues with FTX or whether you could help on next steps please guys?

Many thanks -
Nige

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX FSX no menu appearing / stopped working
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 04:27:52 pm »
I purchased GSX back in February and installed no problem on my Win 7 SP1 64Bit FSX X Deluxe SP2 instance, and all was working fine. Until today  :-\ The Addon menus are there and I can get sense out of them but no menu appears when hitting Ctrl+F12.

This is not very clear. With "the Addons menus are there", do you mean:

1) The FSX "Addons" menu is there ?

OR

2) The "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus UNDER the FSX "Addons" menu are there ?

OR

3) One of them is missing. If yes, which one ?

OR

4) The GSX sub-menus under the "Couatl powered products" menu are there ?

Cloudrider

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 05:37:29 pm »
Hi Umberto.

My apologies. Yes, all the FSX addon sub menus are there and appear to be functional to -option 2 and option 4 as you detail.
Oh and apologies. I also installed REX Soft clouds too, but whether these installs are conflicting are purely speculation on my behalf.

Nige
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:35:24 pm by Cloudrider »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 10:01:31 pm »
My apologies. Yes, all the FSX addon sub menus are there and appear to be functional to -option 2 and option 4 as you detail.

Then it means the software is installed correctly. The first obvious thing to check, is if you have another addon that use the same hotkeys as GSX.

Also, be sure from the "Key Mapping" that you haven't assigned both keys in GSX to be the same ( they are CTRL+F12 and CTRL+Shift+F12 by default ), otherwise you create a conflict.

Cloudrider

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:34:33 am »
Yep, tried all that.

Assigned keys are confirmed as different to each other and I have already tried to assign Ctrl+Shift+Num_0 to ensure no conflict, but still no joy I'm afraid. I tried different airfields to using an Embraer Phenom 100 and a Beech Baron.
No errors on re-install and I have enabled the diagnostic logging which also doesn't report anything obvious.
I really don't want to start pulling FTX and REX Soft Clouds addons out unnecessarily, but it might come to that admittedly. Any other thoughts or steps to diagnose?

Bizarre to say the least.
Nige

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 10:41:29 am »
Assigned keys are confirmed as different to each other and I have already tried to assign Ctrl+Shift+Num_0 to ensure no conflict, but still no joy I'm afraid. I tried different airfields to using an Embraer Phenom 100 and a Beech Baron.

The first obvious test would be trying with a default airplane on a default scenery.

No errors on re-install and I have enabled the diagnostic logging which also doesn't report anything obvious.

It would be best if you posted it anyway.

Another possible source of confusion, is that you cannot call GSX on a parking for a reason, for example the airplane being too big for it. Usually, GSX would warn you with an error message and a sound.  But if you put the "Message Verbosity" slider in the GSX Settings all the way to the left, because you didn't like the messages, you wouldn't see such warning.

Cloudrider

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Ok I tried a default 737-800 at default scenery UK airport Birmingham gate 53 and tried Ctrl+F12. Still nothing. When I check for latest update, that appears to work ok, confirming latest release is OK. Likewise I can bring up the GSX Settings panel, exactly like before. Just still no GSX functionality.

Heres the confirmed KeyMappings.ini...
[global]
youcontrol=Ctrl+F12
[GSX]
shortcut=Shift+Ctrl+F12

And I attach the C:\Users\Nigel\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Couatl.log and Couatl.err log.

<Edit>
Quick update after more investigation on the net. Shift+F calls GSX fine. So how come Ctrl+F12 doesn't work?

Thanks -
Nige
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:23:08 pm by Cloudrider »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 10:26:48 am »
Quick update after more investigation on the net. Shift+F calls GSX fine. So how come Ctrl+F12 doesn't work?[/b]

This clearly indicates GSX IS WORKING, the problem it's just another addon that is using the keys used by GSX. There was an identical thread here, just above yours, and the issue was, of course, the GSX keys used by another addon, so the user simply had to use different key combinations for GSX:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11981.0.html

Cloudrider

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 12:50:51 pm »
So yeah I agree. GSX does work using SHFT+F. Would be nice to understand which AddOn is conflicting. If I manage to find out, I'll update.
Thanks.

Nige