Author Topic: GSX recreating cache in P3Dv2.5 **SOLVED**  (Read 2641 times)

gdavej

GSX recreating cache in P3Dv2.5 **SOLVED**
« on: May 17, 2015, 04:18:34 am »
I'm running GSX in P3D v2.5. I've been having a problem with GSX regenerating the cache each time I start P3D and load a scenario. I finally pinpointed the problem to Aerosoft Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended. This has been highlighted by the log...

Airport cache not valid: detected change in aerosoft/Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended_Terrain/scenery
Regenerating airport cache, looking for scenery files under H:/Program Files/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/

If I deactivate the London Heathrow sceneries in scenery.cfg, then the problem of regenerating the cache disappears (after the first time). Of course nothing is changing in that Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended_Terrain/scenery folder. Has anybody else seen an issue with this scenery? Anybody have any idea why GSX thinks there's a change in that folder?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:37:00 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX recreating cache in P3Dv2.5
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 03:19:54 pm »
Maybe that file is just too big to be processed, and you are low on Swap file space, so it cannot be checked.

You might try to download and install the Couatl 3 Public Beta here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Because it has a new (amongst lots of improvements) cache regeneration strategy, which skips very large files that aren't usually AFCAD so, it shouldn't risk ending memory because of very large files to be processed.

gdavej

Re: GSX recreating cache in P3Dv2.5
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 03:30:14 am »
Maybe that file is just too big to be processed, and you are low on Swap file space, so it cannot be checked.

You might try to download and install the Couatl 3 Public Beta here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Because it has a new (amongst lots of improvements) cache regeneration strategy, which skips very large files that aren't usually AFCAD so, it shouldn't risk ending memory because of very large files to be processed.

Many thanks Umberto

That did the trick, no more messages in the log about recreating the cache.