Author Topic: gsx users manual  (Read 3559 times)

GXUY

gsx users manual
« on: May 05, 2015, 05:04:19 am »
I cannot copy the users manual onto my tablet to enable
me to refer to it whilst running fsx on my desktop. is this
something the designers place in the software?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx users manual
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 10:42:02 am »
Surely not. If you open the file with Acrobat and check the document properties, you'll see there are no restrictions on copy.

GXUY

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 03:39:41 am »
Thanks for your reply. I am sure you are correct but:

I cannot open the downloaded exe file to see if and where the manual is. As soon as I click on it,  it starts to install the
program again ie unlike other software disks/downloads  where you expect to be able to look at  the contents and see
items like like readme files and promotions etc. before you install.

At first I assumed there was no operators manual (unlikely) but after much searching I discovered the install had placed two manuals
into the Startup "All Programs' menu.

This is my only source of the operation and paintkit manuals.  They open from the All Programs menu and display the
manuals on my desktop in full detail.  (I did not need to open them with Adobe at all)

However if I click  properties on the operation manual in 'All Programmes' it shows the file only being less than 2kbyts in size
and says it is a short cut file only ?   From other sources I know the file is at least 7mbyts.

If I copy the files in All Programmes to another location ie all I end up with is the shortcut file.

The whole download simply came as four setup files none of which 'open', they will only 'run'.

In summary then I can read the full manual on my desktop but cannot copy it to any other desitnation.

Am I missing something obvious here?  Please put me out of my misery!

GXUY

GXUY

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:56:22 am »
Problem solved. These manuals are tucked away within FSX at Microsoft Games/FSX/FS Dreamteam/Couati/Common/GSX.  The two files appearing in startup "all programmes' are simply shortcuts pointing to the above.   Tks for your help
GXUY