Author Topic: Gsx push back incomplete **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**  (Read 11407 times)

Juan86270

Gsx push back incomplete **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**
« on: May 07, 2015, 03:10:26 pm »

hello buy the GSX to give life to the simulator but the program does not perform the perfect function at many airports does not allow left or right turn only makes commissioning back and gives the option to rotate who can help me please :-[
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:47:24 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx push back incomplete
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 03:30:57 pm »
This has been discussed so many times already on the forum, and of course is clearly explained in the manual, Page 23, chapter named "Pushback Direction"

Pushback Direction
GSX reads the Pushback preference from the AFCAD file, which can be Left, Right, Both or None. Normally GSX will not allow pushback from a parking position that has its preference set to None, on the assumption the scenery designer had a specific reason to disallow Pushback on that parking spot. But, in case the AFCAD is simply not accurate, this option will allow you to instruct GSX to override the Push- back preference set in the AFCAD with the one specified here.

The latest versions added a "straight" pushback option, precisely for the reason to allow you to have some option, even at those parking with "None" specified as pushback, but you still have the option to override the scenery with GSX customization dialog, as explained above.

Juan86270

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 06:03:45 pm »
Need help please could you not Fix 

the push back not turn right or left >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 02:08:29 pm »
Need help please could you not Fix 

the push back not turn right or left >:(

Have you actually READ my reply ? There's NOTHING we can or should "fix". The problem is caused by the developer of your scenery, that has made the scenery with a Pushback preference set to "None", instead of "Left, Right or Both"

WHICH IS WHY, GSX has a scenery customization page, clearly explained in the manual, which let you OVERRIDE this setting, and allow any kind of Pushback, even at those places where the scenery developer, either intentionally or by mistake, set the pushback preference to "None"

Juan86270

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:03:27 am »
ADMIN not understand the modifications to be carried out thought that their product could have all those settings list to be used without modifying 'm wrong but I anticipate buying wing and now I can do nothing but wait aerosoft launching its version of airport service
 :'(

I was sure I could enjoy this program to give my simulator realism but unfortunately it did not happen as expected

pcubine

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 07:06:06 am »

I was sure I could enjoy this program to give my simulator realism but unfortunately it did not happen as expected

You won't do any better with Aerosoft since you can't read and follow directions.
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 11:29:50 am »
ADMIN not understand the modifications to be carried out thought that their product could have all those settings list to be used without modifying 'm wrong but I anticipate buying wing and now I can do nothing but wait aerosoft launching its version of airport serviceπ

Does this sentence have any meaning ? Yes, I do not understand it, and I don't think anybody does either...

As other users already told you, it seems you haven't even cared to READ my precise instructions, which of course were already included in the GSX MANUAL, which clearly indicated how you could use the GSX scenery customization editor to change the pushback preference that has been set by the original scenery designer.

Juan86270

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 05:44:24 am »
I know nothing of acad or anything like that solo I configure and use prodcuto But not about to read is a matter of greater things
so thanks for all the great contribution and support offered
for companies lose a customer is lost

soon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 07:47:10 am »
I know nothing

That was clear...

of acad

You don't need to know exactly what it is, you only need to know that you CAN, with GSX, overcome the problem. And, what you need to know, is that the issue you are reporting, it's NOT a GSX "problem", it's the result of how the scenery was made, and you CAN fix this, using the proper tool, which is obviously provided with GSX AND explained on the manual.

or anything like that solo I configure and use prodcuto

Which comes with a feature that allows you to fix the problem in your sceneries.

But not about to read is a matter of greater things so thanks for all the great contribution and support offered for companies lose a customer is lost soon

I really don't understand you here but, again, the GSX manual contained ALL the information you need to understand and fix this issue, just like my 1st reply, which you haven't seem to have understood the slightest bit.

Again, for the last time, the GSX manual, Page 23, chapter named "Pushback Direction"

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Gsx push back incomplete **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 08:15:24 am »
I think Juan's problem is that he doesn't read or speak enough English to understand.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 08:33:33 am »
I think Juan's problem is that he doesn't read or speak enough English to understand.

But he seems proficient enough to let pass the message this was some kind of GSX "fault", and that we are not supporting him enough.

Ok, let's try another strategy:

1) Go to a scenery where the lazy developers haven't set a proper pushback preference.

2) Select the "GSX - Customize airport positions", under the "Couatl powered product"

3) From the left side of the screen (the white window with a tree of all parking positions), select the ICAO code of the airport, which is the top-most entry in the tree. This will select ALL parking positions.

4) Go to the Pushback Preference option, select "BOTH", and press the "Apply" button.

All parking positions will now allow Both pushback directions. Whether this is appropriate or not, GSX cannot obviously know, but at least you won't mistakenly think that GSX had a "problem" with Pushback.

Juan86270

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 11:47:04 pm »
sorry for the inconvenience could ask for refund of the purchase

The problem I have with all airport and prefer to wait for Aerosoft

Thanks for your time

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 01:26:35 am »
sorry for the inconvenience could ask for refund of the purchase

You STILL don't UNDERSTAND!! No, of course, you cannot ask for a refund. BOTH because GSX is available in TRIAL version AND because this is NOT a GSX problem. You should ask a refund to the developers of those sceneries sold with incomplete AFCADs, instead.

A scenery parking can have 4 different pushback preferences:

1) BOTH direction ( Left+Right)

2) LEFT only

3) RIGHT only

4) NONE

The problem is that, if a developer set the preference to "NONE", GSX cannot obviously decide on its own if this was made BY MISTAKE, or this was made INTENTIONALLY. There might be legit reasons why a parking might not allow pushback, maybe because close proximity to a building, or because the truck cannot fit there, or because it's a cul-de-sac, etc.

But it might be just a scenery developer OVERSIGHT.

GSX, of course, cannot possibly know this. It can only TRUST the Pushback preference specified in the parking by the scenery developer.

And of course, since there are MANY "lazy" developer that didn't care to set the Pushback preference properly, GSX ALLOWS you to override the setting in the scenery.

The problem I have with all airport

Wrong.

You don't have a problem with "all airport". SOME of your airports HAVE a problem, which is the LACK of Pushback parking preference, surely NOT all 20.000 default airports, and surely NOT FSDT airports. We can't obviously vouch for other developers airports, but I assure you that proper FSX airports and FSDT airports DO have the pushback preference PROPERLY set.

For those airports, where the developers didn't set a preference, GSX CAN fix this, using the Scenery Customization page.

This is of course clearly explained in the manual, Page 23. But if you don't want to read it, or don't understand it, JUST follow the directions in my previous reply, which will immediately fix all parking at once, for a scenery that the original developer FORGOT to set a proper pushback preference.

I'll repeat the procedure, again, here:

) Go to a scenery where the lazy developers haven't set a proper pushback preference.

2) Select the "GSX - Customize airport positions", under the "Couatl powered product"

3) From the left side of the screen (the white window with a tree of all parking positions), select the ICAO code of the airport, which is the top-most entry in the tree. This will select ALL parking positions.

4) Go to the Pushback Preference option, select "BOTH", and press the "Apply" button.

All parking positions will now allow Both pushback directions. Whether this is appropriate or not, GSX cannot obviously know, but at least you won't mistakenly think that GSX had a "problem" with Pushback.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:31:56 am by virtuali »

Juan86270

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 04:07:44 am »

admin did every step you indicated I contact a companion and helped me but without success as I can show you the settings to realize the cloud at airports such as Chile, Venezuela , Peru, Mexico is not saved , perform step by step I have the version P3D simulator

youtube video tutorial look and no one could explain the error

sorry for bothering
 :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 09:54:57 am »
admin did every step you indicated I contact a companion and helped me but without success as I can show you the settings to realize the cloud at airports such as Chile, Venezuela , Peru, Mexico is not saved , perform step by step I have the version P3D simulator

Try to use the "Restart Couatl" menu option after you apply the changes.

youtube video tutorial look and no one could explain the error

Of course, since there's NO "error" to begin with.