Author Topic: Default A321 gets parked too close for the jetway to work  (Read 1952 times)

Pirateinparadise

Default A321 gets parked too close for the jetway to work
« on: May 02, 2015, 05:11:27 pm »
As the title says, more than half the time, the marshaller puts me so close in that the jetway can not activate. Is there a way to change where it directs me to stop my plane when I am parking?

I know that I can stop before the marshaller tells me to, but what fun is that? Sometimes he puts me in the correct place, so I don't want to ignore him every time. I can never tell if I am in the right place until after I shut down the engines, open the door, and try to activate the jetway. If I'm in the wrong place, it's too late to slew back a couple of feet because the stairs have already pulled up to the open passenger exit in the rear of the aircraft.

Help! Is there a file I can edit to add a couple of feet to where the nose gear stops. I had considered changing the nose gear position in aircraft.cfg, but then the pushback tug will go to the wrong spot.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default A321 gets parked too close for the jetway to work
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 09:33:59 pm »
The marshaller will ALWAYS put in the correct place.

The "correct" place, lacking more precise information from the scenery (this kind of information is only available with FSDT scenery), is with the airplane center in the center of the parking, which is exactly the SAME spot as if you were using the default "Go To Airport" menu.

So, your question doesn't have anything to do with the GSX marshaller or the positions it directs to, but rather why a certain jetway on a certain scenery you use doesn't work when your airplane is parked in the default position ( which is the same, regardless if you went there the the "Go To Airport" or GSX marshaller ), so it's not relevant to GSX in any way.

Now, if the scenery is an FSDT one, it would be best if you said which one it is, and which gate you are referring to, so we might check it.

If the scenery is non-FSDT, you'll find out that, if the jetway didn't move in the spot GSX directed you to, it would have been the same if you went there with the "Go To Airport" menu.

With FSDT sceneries, we can CHANGE, parking by parking, the position where the marshaller expects you to be, but with default or 3rd party airports this is not currently possible.  More precisely, we would have to provide a customization "corrective" file for each 3rd party or default airport, to improve on the same situation you would have encountered by default, if you never had GSX to begin with, but this is not feasible unless we started to charge by airport, which is not we intend to do.

Instead, future GSX versions might allow you to customize this.