Author Topic: Squares  (Read 3497 times)

airlinetycoon

Squares
« on: April 28, 2015, 11:09:47 am »
Hi folks,
I'm using GSX in FSX with DX10 (DX10 Fixer is installed). The flashing lights of the marshaller and from the Bellybelts are flashing framed with a big square. How I can fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Squares
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:39:41 pm »
First, check if the problem happens in DX9, without the DX10 fixer. Also, have you installed some kind of addon that changed the default effect textures ? That might cause problems like this.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 02:25:20 pm »
No problems with DX9.

I do not use an extra addon for effects - so far I know. I´m not sure, if a scenery addon replaced the defaults. Which texture/effect is in use for the warning lights? May I can check my FSX-BackUps for some differences.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 02:45:54 pm »
No problems with DX9.

Then it looks like a DX10 Fixer bug, because it doesn't happen here, with DX10 (but no DX10). Assuming you haven't replaced the default effects texture.

If you have, or you are not sure, the texture used is fx_2.bmp in the FSX\Effects\Texture

airlinetycoon

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 01:47:22 pm »
Hi,
fx_2.bmp was missing in the effects texture folder indeed. Now the marshaller lights are ok, but the warning lights at the cargobelts are already squared.......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »
fx_2.bmp was missing in the effects texture folder indeed. Now the marshaller lights are ok, but the warning lights at the cargobelts are already squared.......

They use the same texture (fx_2.bmp) so, if it's still not working, it means the texture file is still not right.