Author Topic: gsx for fsx steam edition  (Read 5906 times)

mowoodward

gsx for fsx steam edition
« on: April 20, 2015, 10:45:12 am »
Just wondering if there is an installer for fsx steam edition and where i can find a link.

Thanks Mike  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx for fsx steam edition
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:40:55 am »
All our installers are compatible with FSX Steam Edition.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:20:23 pm »
Is there an update coming for FSX-SE build 62613, the current Open Beta, or are you awaiting the proper release?

Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:09:01 pm »
The current Addon Manager .dll supports the Steam 62613 build since it was released:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11842.0.html

For a full Steam support, including the "Restart Couatl" function, it's best to use the Couatl public Beta, discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 07:30:46 pm »
The current Addon Manager .dll supports the Steam 62613 build since it was released:

Really? It was working before I updated to 62613 (when it was private beta), but never since, despite installing. It doesn't fail, it simply doesn't do anything -- no menu, no response to normal GSX request. Both couatl and bglmanx are running, but ...

I'm trying again, just downloaded and installed again now I see 62613 has gone open.

For a full Steam support, including the "Restart Couatl" function, it's best to use the Couatl public Beta, discussed here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Okay, I'll try that too ...

Thanks,
Pete

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:41:35 pm by Pete Dowson »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 09:45:15 pm »
Really? It was working before I updated to 62613 (when it was private beta), but never since, despite installing. It doesn't fail, it simply doesn't do anything -- no menu, no response to normal GSX request. Both couatl and bglmanx are running, but ...

I can only confirm the version of the .DLL released after that post I've linked works with 62613.

Okay, I'll try that too ...

Note that, both versions works with 62613, because the build must be supported by the .DLL (bglmanx.dll), which is exactly the same in both installers. The working "Restart Couatl" feature works only with the Beta, because it includes a new Couatl.exe.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 01:00:05 am »
I can only confirm the version of the .DLL released after that post I've linked works with 62613.

OK. The Beta one with the restart working is fine, thanks. I'm all sorted.

Pete

canprince

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 10:00:11 pm »

I just updated to FSX Steam 62613 and for whatever reason, I lost the addon altogether.  No big deal, I just had to run the GSX installer again.  I am not sure if anyone else experienced the same issue.