Author Topic: Downloaded the addon manager and seems ddl xml has been changed **SOLVED**  (Read 2444 times)

pete_auau

Hi  running  fsx  here  downloaded  the addon manager   a the end it  said  my ddl xml  was corrupted  and  would you like  to fix it I said  yes   and  than Iit  said  it would make  a back up copy  but I forgot  to write it  down.  Now  when I enter fsx   and under  the addon on tab on top I only  got  gsx  related  gear,  I lost all my other  addons  eg  pmdg,  asn etc  and was wondering  on where  the back up  went  to or how  I can fix it  I be looking  in the mean time
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:29:08 pm by virtuali »

pete_auau

Re: Downloaded the addon manager and seems ddl xml has been changed
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 02:58:30 pm »
Hi Virtuali   managed  to fix my issue, luckly I had  a back up copy of  my ddl xml  that I made  last year  so I copied  that in and  now  it  seems  to be working,  but  I would like  to put the original   back in, so  still looking  for  the back up,  found  a couple of  back ups in my  roaming /data fsx  folder  but  they had  last years  dates  etc  not  tonights  one?

Just a note  seems  that iam not  the only  one  who is having  this issue  as posted  in the pmdg forums

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467103-fsdt-addon-manager-telling-me-my-xmls-are-corrupt/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:08:25 pm by pete_auau »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Downloaded the addon manager and seems ddl xml has been changed
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 09:22:52 pm »
it said it would make  a back up copy  but I forgot  to write it  down.

It's named "exe.xml_Before_Addon_Manager.xml / dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager.xml" in your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, the filename has been chosen to be fairly self-explanatory...

Just a note  seems  that I'm not  the only  one  who is having  this issue  as posted  in the pmdg forums

Sure you are not the only one having this problem, but that doesn't mean it's a problem that has anything to do with any of our installers. The XML file corruption has been confirmed to be caused by ASN, and it seems it has been FIXED by ASN in a recent upgrade.

Our installer is just INFORMING you of a problem, and gives you the CHOICE to either create a NEW file from scratch, or abort the installation, in case you might want to try fixing the problem yourself.  Since you opted to create a new file, it obviously contained only the FSDT lines, "NEW" means of course a new file which is as if you just installed FSX with no other addons, just with the FSDT-lines added.