Author Topic: EZdok issue after FSDT scenery installation **SOLVED**  (Read 4730 times)

skysurfer

EZdok issue after FSDT scenery installation **SOLVED**
« on: April 13, 2015, 01:11:07 am »
Hi.

I am having issue with Ezdok cameras after I installed ORD scenery. Ezdok was working fine. So I installed ORD FSDT scenery and Ezdok quit to launch. I had checked xml files in EZdok folder and I found that FDT replaced pretty much everything. Why? So when I start Ezdok I get an error message stating I do not have proper permission to access the Ezdok file. When I uninstall FSDT then Ezdok reverts back to normal operation. As soon as I install FSDT scenery Ezdok stopps working and all files in Ezdok cameras replace with FSDT files.
Also, do I really need Virtually program installed inside of FSX? It always come with FSDT. I don't want it! Can I install and use FSDT scenery without it?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:09:41 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: EZdok issue after FSDT scenery installation
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:43:15 am »
Ezdok was working fine. So I installed ORD FSDT scenery and Ezdok quit to launch. I had checked xml files in EZdok folder and I found that FDT replaced pretty much everything. Why?

No FSDT program or installer touches, replaces, read, write or access ANY of the Ezdok files.

What seems to be happened, instead, is that Ezdok changed its own files ITSELF when it was started after the KORD installation, because it re-configured itself, since our programs have asked to FSX to reserve some keys (CTRL+F12 and CTRL+Shift+F12), which are use by the scenery and GSX.

This is of course an entirely normal and standard procedure, any addon should have a right to ask FSX for reserved keys, we only need two of them and we use the standard, official way of doing it ( using Simconnect calls )

So when I start Ezdok I get an error message stating I do not have proper permission to access the Ezdok file.

That's seems to be caused by some error made by Ezdok when it was trying to reconfigure its files when it detected the key it wanted weren't available anymore, because another addon requested them to FSX. That's how FSX works, so any addon should be able to handle this situation in some way.

When I uninstall FSDT then Ezdok reverts back to normal operation.

That only indicate Ezdok software seems to be unable to properly deal with another addon requesting keys in the official way sanctioned in the SDK.

As soon as I install FSDT scenery Ezdok stopps working and all files in Ezdok cameras replace with FSDT files

Again: no "FSDT files" are placed anywhere in the Ezdok folder.

Also, do I really need Virtually program installed inside of FSX? It always come with FSDT. I don't want it! Can I install and use FSDT scenery without it?

No, you can't. If there wasn't any need for it, we wouldn't install it. If we installed it, it means you need it. If you remove it, nothing from FSDT ( GSX, all the sceneries, etc. ) won't work anymore. The uninstaller will clearly warn you about this.

About the Ezdok problem: you will probably have to reconfigure Ezdok to be sure it doesn't use any of the keys needed by our sceneries. Or you can do the opposite, and reconfigure our software to use different keys, using the "Key Mapping" menu under the "Couatl powered products", which is there for precisely the reason of allowing to sort out any key conflicts with other add-ons.

If you searched the forum, maybe using "Ezdok" as a keyword, you would have come out with several threads, like this one, which indicates a solution, which obviously is not a solution to a "problem" caused by the FSDT installer, but it's just a workaround that has been suggested on Ezdok forum:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11682.0.html
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:46:32 am by virtuali »

skysurfer

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 11:45:46 pm »
Tried to reinstalled ORD again. Here is the result error messages and textures are missing.
I was also asked if I want to overwrite exe.xml file. IF I click Yes then Ezka stops working because installer overwrite exe.xml files and it does replace exka files inside exe.xml to FSDT.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:49:50 pm by speedbird144 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 12:09:34 am »
Tried to reinstalled ORD again. Here is the result error messages and textures are missing.

This problem doesn't have anything to do with our installers. It has been discussed here already, and it was found the original cause of the XML file corruption was ASN, as reported by an user in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11834.msg90536.html#msg90536

The issue seems to have been reported to ASN developers, so they FIXED their product in the latest Beta, so it won't change the XML file encoding in the wrong way anymore.

I was also asked if I want to overwrite exe.xml file. IF I click Yes then Ezka stops working because installer overwrite exe.xml files and it does replace exka files inside exe.xml to FSDT.

That's exactly what the option to create NEW files is supposed to do.

skysurfer

Re: EZdok issue after FSDT scenery installation **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 12:12:05 am »
I just reinstalled FSX. I do now have ASN yet. Thinking about to install it.
Thx.

skysurfer

Re: EZdok issue after FSDT scenery installation **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 12:40:08 am »
OK. I have fixed it. I edited xml file to what it was before. Everything looks good now.