Author Topic: esellerate error  (Read 3479 times)

mazelda

esellerate error
« on: April 12, 2015, 02:49:19 pm »
Hi guys
I have a bit of a strange error that appears with my fsx and p3d installation almost every time I start them up
I get the message Esellerate ERROR 25007 and it asks me if I want to add my airports into the sim,which it does without problem and tells me the reg backups are in my home folder the sims then run without issue.
Any ideas why?
I should add That i recently reinstalled both sims after a new hard drive splurge and put my p3d on my ssd drive and fsx on a hybrid drive my home section is still on the Cdrive in the user account section but my documents folder is now located on my Hybrid drive (L)
I don't know if that makes any difference

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: esellerate error
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:06:12 pm »
I should add That i recently reinstalled both sims after a new hard drive splurge and put my p3d on my ssd drive and fsx on a hybrid drive my home section is still on the Cdrive in the user account section but my documents folder is now located on my Hybrid drive (L)

It's normal and expected that your would see an hardware change reactivation prompt ( the "strange" 25007 error is just that ) after changing hardware, especially when replacing the main hard drive.

It's not normal, that you would see this everty time you start the sim. However, you said "almost" every time. Are you sure of this ? Have you confirmed the activation for ALL the scenery you have been prompted to ?

mazelda

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 12:48:14 pm »
Hi Umberto
I have done a little more playing around and in P3d I can get it to recreate the issue every time
If I run p3d then switch the PC off after use, and then power the PC back up I get the error message asking to activate the scenery
however it does not ask for all my FSDT addons. I also own the Chicago and Geneva scenery and I have all the other sceneries still in demo mode but  these don't bring up the message.It may be because they are in demo mode but that would not explain the Chicago and Geneva sceneries as they are not demo
Also While not your software I'm having the same issue with the Flightbeam  software with their KSFO scenery which brings up the same message,however I also own there other 3 airports which does not bring up the message.
I've tried recreating the same scenario with my fsx install which is on a different drive from p3d but that one seems to be more intermittent
it would seem that somehow it looses the information for those airports when I switch my pc off

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 01:22:19 pm »
There's no reason why some sceneries are still in Trial, while others are not. Surely not related to the hardware or the software, since the activation system is exactly the same.

If there was an hardware change detected, it should report for all sceneries and you must confirm activation for all of them. If some are still displaying the prompt to activate, the only possible explanation is that you still haven't confirmed their activation or, the activation didn't succeed for some reason, like having used too many activations, or the server not being accessible, but you would have seen clear error messages about this.

Are you trying to use P3D or FSX in some of the "Compatibility" modes ? That's not how they are installed by default and not how they are supposed to run so, if you enabled a Compatibility mode for either the sim or other addons that runs together with it, turn all of them OFF.

mazelda

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 02:00:29 pm »
As far as i am aware none are installed in compatability mode
They were all installed the same way when I redid the system. the only thing that has changed since they all worked fine was I uninstalled them all put 2 new hard drives in and put p3d on the ssd drive and fsx on the hybrid drive.The trial mode ones are only ones that I have not purchased yet but have them installed to see what they are like.The ones causing problems are all purchased airports
I also moved parts of my user profile from my ssd drive to the hybrid drive to save space ie  the my documents, my pictures etc.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 02:25:13 pm »
The trial mode ones are only ones that I have not purchased yet but have them installed to see what they are like.The ones causing problems are all purchased airports

This is normal then. There's no difference between purchased airports, they are all requiring a reactivation now, it wasn't entirely clear from your previous messages.

But in this case, it shouldn't be a problem just confirming the reactivation message when they appear. There's no reason the activation won't stay UNLESS your user account has limited permissions, or your are running FSX or any of its add-ons into a "Compatibility"mode.

I also moved parts of my user profile from my ssd drive to the hybrid drive to save space ie  the my documents, my pictures etc.

Impossible to help you without knowing EXACTLY what you did, you just can't move all files freely from an user account to another one, when migrating to a new drive there are plenty of things to consider, like file system permissions, registry permissions, etc.

In any case, the Serial Number is stored in your USER registry so, whenever you create a new user account, you will have to re-register the scenery, even if this won't count as a new activation ( if you haven't changed hardware or reinstalled Windows )