Author Topic: Ojbect conflict **SOLVED**  (Read 3317 times)

Alphabravo

Ojbect conflict **SOLVED**
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:01:04 am »
Dear all,
I just installed GSX with FSX gold edition. When using the PMDG B777-300ER, I've got an object conflict between the catering service truck and the aircraft (see attached pdf image).
I am looking a solution to solve this.
I didn't find an answer through the forum by now. Thank you for any help.
kind regards,

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:10:54 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ojbect conflict
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:42:53 am »
It looks like you tried to configure it manually, maybe before the airplane was supported by GSX, so the configuration is wrong but user configurations always takes precedence over the one that comes with GSX.

Use the "Reset" option in the airplane configuration editor to reset to the configuration that comes with GSX.

Also, be sure you use the current version of GSX, if you have an old version, some vehicles are likely outdated.

Alphabravo

Re: Object conflict
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:48:58 am »
Thank you for your quick answer. First of all, I installed today GSX with the full installer from fsdt website. So, I guess the vehicules in there are up to date.
Secondly, I didn't configure GSX at all - after GSX installation, I launched FSX then the PMDG B777-300ER in dark and cold mode from stand C2 (Aerosoft LFPG Charles de Gaulle) that's it.
When calling the catering I noticed the conflict with the aircraft with or without door open.
Does it make things easier for understanding this issue? Please, feel free to ask for additional infos if required.
Regards,
Papangue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Object conflict
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:53:08 am »
First of all, I installed today GSX with the full installer from fsdt website. So, I guess the vehicules in there are up to date.

Sure they are.

Secondly, I didn't configure GSX at all - after GSX installation, I launched FSX then the PMDG B777-300ER in dark and cold mode from stand C2 (Aerosoft LFPG Charles de Gaulle) that's it.

An old configuration would still interfere, even if you made it a long time ago, perhaps if you installed GSX (even in Trial) long ago. That's why I had to ask.

And BTW, have you TRIED doing what I've asked about Resetting the configuration ?

When calling the catering I noticed the conflict with the aircraft with or without door open.

That's normal, of course. If the airplane configuration is wrong, the height the vehicle will be set is entirely unrelated to the door's status, only to the door's height in the airplane configuration, that's why I asked to Reset it, because the one that comes with GSX is surely correct.

Alphabravo

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »
Hi there, I just followed your heading and reseted the aircraft configuration and it works perfectly!
When starting GSX I was expecting a "plug and play" situation but the reset solved this issue.
Thanks again for your reactive answers!
kind regards,
Alphabravo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 12:10:47 pm »
Hi there, I just followed your heading and reseted the aircraft configuration and it works perfectly!

Of course it did...that's confirm what the problem was: you had a custom configuration for that airplane that you either made manually, or downloaded it, and forget about it.

When starting GSX I was expecting a "plug and play" situation but the reset solved this issue.

It IS like that, normally, but since had a custom configuration a Reset was needed to remove it, because an user custom configuration will always take precedence over the stock configuration that come with GSX, and if the one you made or you downloaded was made before we added native support for the airplane in GSX, it would still take precedence, even if it wasn't correct.