Author Topic: No Buildings P3D 2.4  (Read 4098 times)

keithcva51

No Buildings P3D 2.4
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:03:30 am »
Not sure what happened.  I've been running FSDT CYVR for a very long time without incident.

Today, I fly in from Kelowna and there are no building at Vancouver.  Just the ground textures and jetways.

I've searched the forum and found many possible problems and many possible fixes, but none seem to work for me.

I've uninstalled FSDT CYVR, including addon manager and Couatl.  Rebooted the system.  Disabled AVG.  Reinstall CYVR.  No change.

Uninstall AVG.  Uninstall CYVR (including addon manager and Couatl).  Reboot system.  Reinstall CYVR.  No buildings, just jetways.  >:(

Uninstall CYVR again, reboot system.  Download latest installer from your site.  Reinstall (Version 1.4.1, which is the one I already had incidentally).  No buildings.

Reinstall AVG.  Disable AVG protection (as required in this thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11694.0.html ).  Reinstall CYVR.  add exception to BGLMAN and Couatl.exe.  No buildings.

I can confirm that addon manager is NOT showing in my addon menu of P3D 2.4.  Couatl.exe *32 is running in task manager.

Any ideas?  I've blown about 2.5 hours trying to fix this tonight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings P3D 2.4
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:56:45 pm »
this thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

Note that, the current version requires the VC++ 2013 runtimes instead so, if you don't see the menu, you are probably missing the VC++ 2013 runtimes in your system, which are required by the latest version of the modules to run. If you download the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, or GSX, or any other FSDT installer, they will be installed automatically.

Also, try to install after a Windows restart.

keithcva51

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:44:49 pm »
Well, I don't know why but installing the stand-alone addon manager did the trick.  No idea what it installs that the CYVR main installer doesn't.

For those who can't find it, the Stand-Alone addon manager is located at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 10:33:43 pm »
Well, I don't know why but installing the stand-alone addon manager did the trick.  No idea what it installs that the CYVR main installer doesn't.

The MS VC++ 2013 runtimes, most likely, that you didn't had on your system. They are installer by ALL our scenery installers, GSX, and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The ONLY installer which still wasn't updated to contain the VC++ 2013 runtimes was CYVR but, since it's basically requires GSX (to have docking systems, for example), we assumed everybody would install GSX anyway...

keithcva51

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:46:31 pm »
we assumed everybody would install GSX anyway...

Nope, no GSX here.  That must have been the issue.  Thanks for the assist! ;D