Author Topic: Update request for noise reduction  (Read 4626 times)

dutchkip

Update request for noise reduction
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:36:23 am »
Hi there,
Would it be possible to get a noise reduction in the next update?
When I start loading pax, there is an engine noise generated somewhere which is so loud that i can't hear myself thinking anymore.
It's either tow trucks or generators which start running in the background and it's getting very annoying. :(
I've tried all kinds of sound settings, but it keeps overpowering all other sounds.
Other than that it is a great product! :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Update request for noise reduction
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:00:41 pm »
GSX sounds are controlled by the GSX Volume slider. FSX vehicles sounds are controlled by the FSX sound sliders. Use both of them, to find which vehicles are affected.

Ralgh

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:03:11 am »
I was having this same issue. I figured out that the sound was a default Prepar3D sound named ai_singleprop01. I just renamed that file and the sound is gone. I guess my question now is why is that sound being activated with GSX ground services.

Tom Landry
Tom Landry

ScottecLEMD

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 11:04:05 pm »
I had exactly the same problem and used the same solution. But the question remains as to why this particular sound is generated by GSX.

Mika

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 08:06:45 pm »
In my case renaming the soundfile only removes the sound inside the cockpit. If I switch for example in the wing view (PMDG NGX) the annoying sound is still there. I already set all sound options to zero in the GSX settings :(

Any further ideas?

Akila

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 05:21:01 pm »
for External view (wing view) you will need to tackle with this file: "xai_singleprop01.wav"

Mika

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 12:15:04 pm »
Thank you, much better now!!!