Author Topic: Is GSX supposed to woerk now with FSX-SE build 62610 (Open Beta)?  (Read 11570 times)

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
Re: Is GSX supposed to woerk now with FSX-SE build 62610 (Open Beta)?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 11:36:42 am »
You mean you just changed the SimObjectPath lines to point to another folder ? I tried doing that, for all lines, and changed them to point to my FSX installation, like this:

Yes, exactly like that (except in my case E:\ instead of C:\ ;-) )

And couldn't see any crashes either, everything worked normally. Do your paths looks similar to that ?

Hmm. Strange. Certainly fixed the crash here!

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 11:42:27 am »
Could you please try the attached file, to be placed into the fsdreamteam\Couatl\common folder ?

Even if I still cannot reproduce a crash, I think we found a difference between the FSX Simconnect and the FSX-SE Simconnect, and they don't report the airplane path in the same way so, this updated file should handle both cases.

Okay. Will try it -- and change the SimObjects paths back to the way I want them?

Incidentally, in build 62610 (but not 62608) there's a bug where sometimes the string returned for "FlightLoaded", "FlightPlan" and "AircraftLoaded" events have the last character overwritten by zero, so you get ".FL", ".PL" and ".AI" instead of the correct ".FLT", ".PLN" and ".AIR". DTG know about it and have fixed it in house ready for the proper release, which I assume will have a build no. >62610.

Regards
Pete

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 01:31:20 pm »
Could you please try the attached file, to be placed into the fsdreamteam\Couatl\common folder ?

Tried that -- no difference, same crash, same place.

As an experiment I also tried loading the COUATL.EXE from the FSX folder instead of the FSX-SE folder. No difference.

The only solution is to have the GroundVehicles SimObjects path in the FSX-SE folder. This isn't a real problem, it's just another folder I have to make sure is correct, alongside Gauges and Effects, whenever I update anything installed into FSX-MS. One day, when I've moved over to FSX-SE completely (as looks likely at present given the much better performance I get with it), it will be an old forgotten problem in any case, even without any fix on your part. ;-)

Regards
Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 02:13:37 pm »
Incidentally, in build 62610 (but not 62608) there's a bug where sometimes the string returned for "FlightLoaded", "FlightPlan" and "AircraftLoaded" events have the last character overwritten by zero, so you get ".FL", ".PL" and ".AI" instead of the correct ".FLT", ".PLN" and ".AIR"

Yes, we knew that, but it's not consistent. Could be this happens only if the client is linked against the FSX-SE Simconnect ?

it will be an old forgotten problem in any case, even without any fix on your part. ;-)

Well, I want to have it fixed anyway! If only I could reproduce it...

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 02:46:04 pm »
Could be this happens only if the client is linked against the FSX-SE Simconnect ?

I have these SimConnect's installed in WinSxS:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)
    Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)
    Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)
    Found SimConnect build 62610 (Steam)

I don't know how you link. FSUIPC does it dynamically, and directly (without the manifest business), and just chooses the latest one compatible with the version of FS it finds itself inside.

Pete